Purpose of role:
To support the Designer and Buying teams in researching and designing a commercial Childrenswear range, including trend, colour, shape direction.
Trend & Research
- Complete daily trend research across multi platforms, delivering trend information to the Girlswear, Boyswear and Teenwear teams
- Adapt latest trends into the Primark handwriting, to ensure a commercial direction for the range
- Ensure research also considers new techniques/fabrics and seasonal colour direction
- Present ideas with confidence to the design/buying teams.
- Work alongside Design team to create typographically strong original graphics and prints.
- Have an awareness and interest in garment shape design and how this can be developed for Primark
- Develop an understanding of childrenswear/teenwear products and show willingness to work within the brand guidelines of the partners we work with
- Follow design briefs to ensure focus is maintained on the provided direction in the allocated time
- Track and manage design/trend amends, ensuring they are communicated to all parties in a timely manner
- Prepare design/trend files for presentations/meetings/suppliers.
- Responsible for design team colour/trend/product admin.
Skills & Experience
- Innovative creative thinker
- Passionate and hard working
- Have a strong creative portfolio
- Proactive and confident communication of ideas and design
- Positive and have a can do attitude at all times
- Strong attention to detail
- Ability to drive newness within a commercially focused environment.
- Keen to excel in a fast paced dynamic environment.
- Flexible and adaptable approach at all times
- Ability to work under pressure and multi task and react swiftly to changing business needs.
- Ability to travel within UK
- Working knowledge of Adobe Creative Cloud; Illustrator, Photoshop, InDesign and Excel.
- Fashion graphic design training preferred
- Ability to both hand draw and work directly onto the mac
Why work with us?
As well as giving you a competitive salary, we’ll provide you with a progressive career path. Clear advancement is what we’re all about at Primark.
We’re always open to talking about your development and we offer lots of fantastic training courses to really help you shine. You’ll also have more responsibility than at your average retailer, so you’ll be able to learn quickly.
We’re proud of our friendly culture at Primark. You’ll have the opportunity to get to know some great people in a fast-paced, exciting environment.
Plus, we’re well equipped for a healthy lifestyle with our own café, canteen, and gym, as well as a brand-new fitness studio
with a variety of classes available.
So, if you have the right experience and want to be part of one of the fastest growing retailers, apply now.
Full Time / Part Time