Role: Financial Accountant, Primark
Purpose of role: Management and Financial Reporting for 13 Countries in the Group
Reports to: Finance Manager
Interacts with: Financial Reporting, Oracle Project Team, Tax, Treasury, Supply Chain, FP&A and Internal Audit
Location: Dublin Head Office
Principal Duties & Responsibilities
· Preparation of periodic financial and management accounts.
· Preparation of statutory accounts for a number of international legal entities.
· Liaise with audit teams and other advisors ensuring timely and accurate completion of all statutory obligations for a number of legal entities.
· Assist in the submission of periodic reporting packs to ABF (Associated British Foods).
· Involvement in technical financial accounting advice, researching the impact of accounting policy decisions on the business and advising of relevant changes.
· Support projects such as transition to Oracle Retail this may involve testing or covering period close activities if others in the team are completing testing
· Significant cross-functional working across Finance, Oracle Project team and Planning & Space
· Comfortable working and taking responsibility in a dynamic environment
Education and Training
· Accounting qualification (ACCA, ACA, CPA or equivalent)
Skills, Knowledge and Experience
· 1+ years’ post qualification experience (preferably in a retail environment)
· Experience in stock and intercompany accounting an advantage
· Self-motivated with excellent interpersonal and communication skills (written and verbal) - need to communicate to all levels within the business
· Excellent planning and organisation skills, ability to multi-task, plan and prioritise work schedule and work within agreed timescales
· Ability to work under pressure in a demanding environment
· Excellent attention to detail and an ability to analyse and interrogate high volumes of data as well as demonstrating an ability to focus on higher level overview
· Commercial awareness with ability to demonstrate a sound knowledge of wider business factors
· Have strong financial and analytical acumen as well as excellent Project Management and communication skills
· English is essential and other European language would be an advantage.
· Demonstrated initiative with strong work ethic
· MS Office including Word, Excel and PowerPoint. Strong Excel skills are required
· Oracle Financials, Excel4apps and Cognos would be an advantage
Republic of Ireland
Employee – Fixed Term