Finance Associate – GNFR Accounts Payable
The Financial Operations team is responsible for supplier invoice processing, payments and other financial transactional processes. This role will be part of a team with responsibility for one or more of these processes and associated supplier and business engagement.
This role is based in Primark Head Office in Dublin.
What the role will involve:
· Processing of invoices using the SoftCo PIAT P2P solution and Oracle Financial System.
· Processing journals, in particular manual journals requiring allocations to be split across multiple cost centres or entities
· Managing and clearing Debit balance reconciling items in across multiple entities and accounts
· Ensuring payment files are reviewed and signed off adhering to tight deadlines
· Investigating and correcting rejected payments
· Work closely with key Suppliers in a dedicated country (or countries) of your responsibility to ensure critical invoices are received on time and correct
· Supporting our Payments and Finance Support Teams for resolving vendor queries
· Work with our highly experienced teams to ensure all transactions are processed in accordance with our policies and procedures and all our inventory & reconciliation processes are completed in line with business requirements.
· Work closely with the business to maximise processing efficiency
· Work with our vendors and Sourcing and Procurement functions to maximise processing efficiency and manage compliance
· Deliver a high level of customer service to our vendors and business partners
· Work with our 3rd party providers and ICT Support Teams to ensure daily operational interfaces are working as scheduled
· Establish and maintain good relationships with all stakeholders of Financial Operations
· Create, validate and maintain business process procedures
· Adhere to period end processing and reporting schedules
· Engage in continuous process quality improvement and enhanced customer service in line with targets and metrics.
· Knowledge of Oracle Financials and invoices automation tools. Other systems experience is also desirable e.g. experience of P2P systems,
· Participation in projects, testing of new functionality on IT systems, validation of vendor master
What we're looking for;
· Excellent English both oral and written with additional language a plus
· Diploma/degree standard of education preferably in a business/administration related discipline and/or an interest in pursuing same
· Experience in a similar role in a shared service environment is highly desirable
· Highest level of attention to detail is required
· Other desirable experience/awareness in a retail environment includes:
· Knowledge of letters of credit and forward collection payment arrangements
· Commission, Inspection and supplier claims processes
· Knowledge of customs & duty processes
· Knowledge of reprocessing and supplier returns
· IT skills to include MS Word, Excel , Outlook, and PowerPoint are essential
· Strong interpersonal skills – with a proactive curious mind and a desire for continuous learning and development
· A flexible approach to work and comfortable working in a fast paced environment
· Ability to use own initiative
· Be proactive & assertive in reacting to key business requirements in a timely manner
Republic of Ireland
Employee – Fixed Term