Group Engineering Project Manager
Full time, permanent
Based in either Carlton, Worksop, Stoke or Ashford
Reporting to the Group Engineer Director, the role will lead group wide engineering programs and interact with all nine of our manufacturing sites in the UK. The Engineering Project Manager will be based at one of the largest sites in the Group, with a need for frequent travel to other sites and suppliers.
What you'll be doing:
This role will manage the implementation of group level technology projects within key strategic programs. The requirement is to develop standard approaches and solutions that can be reapplied across the group to bring scale benefits. The current strategic programs are:
a) Smart energy – to deliver cost savings and progressive reduction in carbon footprint
i) Deliver generation assets (e.g. CHP and solar PV)
ii) Reduction in energy consumption
b) Robotic automation
i) Standard pick and place module for sweet treats
ii) Cobot palletisation
c) Smart Factory
i) SCADA systems and MES integration to SAP
ii) Data gathering and analysis through standardised OT networks to enable Continuous Improvement
Technology & project management of strategic programs:
* Methodology of development of technical solutions.
* Standardisation of solutions for reapplication.
* Holding vendors accountable for delivery of robust implementations.
* Working with site teams to develop the skills and procedures to effectively utilise the new technology.
* Project management responsibility (safety, quality, cost, schedule and function) to deliver project consistent with the funded commitment.
* Implementation of risk management and program governance processes.
* Strong understanding of technology and business priorities, to identify the opportunities for business result progress through implementing new technologies or changing the way we use technologies. Influence the future group wide strategic programs.
* Development and implementation of engineering project management and approaches as part of the COP
* Look to develop technology in line with Premier business strategy and partners.
* Work in partnership with other functions (R&D, procurement, legal, operations etc).
What we need from you:
* Engineering Degree or equivalent (e.g. control, automation, electrical/ electronic, chemical or mechanical engineering)
* Chartered status (desirable)
* Project management certification
* Minimum 5 years Food & FMCG background
* Experience in advanced manufacturing practices.
* Food processing and associated equipment knowledge.
* Extensive capital project management experience with a customer focus
* Conversant with relevant legislation (e.g. Construction, Design and Management regs 2015; Control of Asbestos regs 2012; Electricity at Work regs 1989 and IET 18th Edition; PUWER 1998; Supply of Machinery Safety regs 2008).
* Technology experience in robotic automation and control integration projects.
* Demonstrable record in successful delivery of engineering capital projects in FMCG business.
* Extensive capital project experience:
* Project management methodologies, phases and governance.
* Understanding of CAPEX processes
* Strategic procurement and contracting
* CAD literate
* MS Project proficient
What we offer you in return:
* Competitive salary
* Up to 7.5% pension
* Private medical insurance
* Life assurance
* Wide range of online and in-house training
* Access to an employee discount scheme, with access to hundreds of nationwide retailers
About Premier Foods
We live and breathe food at Premier Foods. And we love how much our consumers treasure our brands. Our much-loved brands include Ambrosia, Bisto, Batchelors, Loyd Grossman, Oxo, Sharwood's, Cadbury Cakes and Mr Kipling and you’ll find them in an amazing 95% of British households.Though our brands have a rich heritage, we continue to invest to make sure they stay front of mind and relevant for modern day life. We have more than 4,000 dedicated colleagues, at 14 locations across the country, all sharing the same obsession for our great food.