This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted in the top 10, in the Great Place To Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2017 for the second consecutive year, and Number 13 in Europe in 2016! We have over 430 stores and over 280 Groom Rooms and are the UK's number one pet care retailer.
In an exciting time of fast paced growth with the introduction of new ranges, we are looking for an enthusiastic Assistant Merchandiser to join our Support Office team in Handforth. The role will support the existing merchandising team, with a focus on Food & Treats, to help them create and drive effective and profitable plans.
• Working within the Merchandising Team you will support the production and maintenance of specified Planograms using our Spaceman Merchandising System.
• Guided by our Pets at Home Merchandising Principles you will apply a creative, customer focused approach to producing all new merchandising plans.
• Always ensuring that relevant market, customer and supplier data is fully utilised to maximise the effectiveness of each Planogram.
• Review and interrupt internal sales & profit data to support intelligent decision making across all Planograms to maximise their commercial return.
• Working within tight deadlines you will work alongside Buying, Marketing, Supply Chain, Development and Retail department colleagues to produce high quality Planograms; taking input from numerous business metrics to develop the best merchandising solution for our stores and customers.
• The successful candidate must ideally have previous experience of working within the retail sector, ideally gained within a leading UK retailer.
• The successful candidate must have good working knowledge of Microsoft Office and be comfortable with spreadsheet and data manipulation.
• The successful candidate will be a strong team player, who is able to form positive, productive working relationships within a fast paced retail environment.
• The successful candidate will be a self-starter who is happy to independently manage workload within a project group;
• In this varied job role, the ideal candidate will enjoy the challenge of driving real innovation and change in retail, across a diverse range of project work.
• They will be a flexible individual who thrives on fast paced change.
• Competitive salary of up to £20,000 per annum plus bonus
• 28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays).
• Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
• The option to buy extra holidays
• An extra days holiday when you become a new pet parent (Dog/Cat/Horse)
• Pension Scheme
• Colleague Discount- 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, and Pet Plan Insurance!
• “Treats” benefits- an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues
• Life assurance
• Contributory Private Health Care
• Charity Leave- You are entitled to have one paid day's leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
• Celebrating Special Celebrations? You'll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
• Free Car Parking
• Free Gym
• Values Awards
• Colleague of the Month Awards
• Childcare Vouchers
• Cycle to Work Scheme