Assistant Manager – “Crawley”
This is a fantastic opportunity to come and work for a company voted Number 7 in the Great Place To Work (Best Large Workplaces) awards 2016, and Number 13 in Europe!
With over 400 stores across the UK and plans to open up to 20 new stores and up to 30 new grooming salons this year we are expanding at an unstoppable rate which you really do need to be part of to believe it!
Reporting into the Store Manager you will be a key member of the store management team where you will be responsible for maximising sales and the performance of your store through building a highly engaged and high performing team.
• Leading from the front with a hands-on approach you will inspire your team, inject fun into the work place and create a truly amazing place to work and shop.
• Ensuring that your store delivers an exceptional standard of customer service to our customers through the vast amount of pet knowledge and expertise that you and your team can offer.
• You will deliver the highest standards of pet care and ensure that the welfare of pets is a top priority, promoting responsible pet ownership.
• Taking a key role in motivating, training and developing your team.
• Playing a fundamental part of running a store which has exceptional standards and contributing towards achieving and exceeding key store targets.
• Ensuring that you communicate effectively to your team, providing them with daily team updates and informing them of any company, operational and product changes.
• You will be a Duty Manager and take full responsibility for the store in the absence of the Deputy or Store Manager.
• Being involved in absolutely everything in your store, such as recruitment, stock control and store standards.
• You'll have a passion for retail and a passion for pets!
• You'll have at least 6 months supervisory/management experience, gained either within a store based retail role or in a restaurant environment. Ideally, you'll have experience in a similar, fast-paced environment where you've taken a hands-on approach.
• You'll have a proven track record of delivering high standards!
• You'll be a people person and a real team player and this combined with your excellent communication skills enables you to really engage and inspire a team.
• You'll be hungry to be part of a successful store and you'll be proactive in your approach.
•Competitive salary of £18,500 - £19,250 (dependent upon experience) plus bonus.
•28 days paid annual leave (including bank holidays), rising to 33 days after 2 of years service.
•Birthday Leave - 1 day extra leave to celebrate your Birthday!
•Pension - You'll have the opportunity to join the Pets Pension from day 1 of joining us and the company will contribute to your pension plan so long as you meet the auto-enrolment criteria.
•Colleague Discount - 20% discount for you (plus one family member). This can be used in Pets at Home Stores, Groom Rooms, Companion Care Veterinary Services, Ride-Away and Pets at Home Pet Insurance!
•“Treats” benefits - an online range of offers and discounts which are available exclusively to Pets at Home Colleagues.
•Charity Leave - You are entitled to have one paid day's leave each year to work for your favourite animal related charity.
•Celebrating Special Celebrations? You'll get 1 extra week off and a gift to celebrate your wedding or civil partnership, and a gift from us if you are expecting or adopting a baby!
•Free Car Parking.
We are happy to discuss the opportunity to work flexibly.
Please note that we reserve the right to close the vacancy prior to the application deadline/closing date once a sufficient number of applications have been received.