We are looking for an intern to work alongside our Communications team. You will support our communications including our social media channels - helping us to raise awareness of Peace Day, 21 September, and Sustainable Development Goal 16 - Peace, Justice & Strong Institutions.
You will need excellent research and communication skills, to be able to write emails fluently and clearly, have the ability to handle language barriers creatively and, importantly, you will be confident in speaking on the phone and in person to people from all walks of life and encouraging them to engage in Peace Day, 21 September.
This role can also be a full-time opportunity.
• Researching and exploring online sources for current and relevant material for all social media accounts.
• Assisting in the writing, drafting and scheduling across all social media accounts.
• Creatively thinking up new content strands and ways to grow the organisation's online community.
Desired Skills and Knowledge:
• Strong written and verbal communication skills, including via social media
• Well-organised, quick to learn, flexible
• Excellent people skills, ability to work as part of a team and on own initiative
• Knowledge of Microsoft Outlook, Excel and Word
• Capable problem solving, use of initiative and creativity
• Good research skills (web based)
• Good understanding of international politics and cultural sensitivities
• Interest and sympathy with the aims and activities of Peace One Day
• Be able to handle language barriers creatively
• Be fluent in written & spoken English
• Additional language skills in any of the UN’s other Official Languages (desirable, but not essential)
Unfortunately we are unable to sponsor visa applications, so you must have the right to live and work in the UK in order to be considered for any position at Peace One Day.
Internship for immediate start for a period of approximately 3 months.