Who are we?
PayFit is one of the fastest-growing SaaS startups in Europe with 500 employees and over 5,000 customers in just a few years, in France, Germany, the UK, Spain, and Italy. Backed by a group of highly reputable institutional investors, PayFit is revolutionizing HR software by automating payroll and simplifying HR management for SMEs.
Our mission is to support the digital transformation of SME's Human Resources through a reliable SaaS solution that offers a unique experience to its users. We leverage our own coding language to customise our software quickly to each market, so that our customers can easily process payslips, request holidays, and manage their expenses.
We're passionate and enthusiastic about our mission and committed to maintaining a culture that cares deeply about its employees and customers.
A brief overview of the Design System squad
As a Frontend Software Engineer, you will join the wonderful Design System squad composed by an engineering team lead, a frontend engineer and a product designer.
The squad is part of the Design Studio tribe tied to the Expert platform.
Our main mission is to contribute to the continuous evolution of Midnight, the PayFit design system, to make the PayFit product scalable with the best-in-class user experience.
To give you more context, here're some of our ambitions for this year:
Team Build and strengthen our team culture with new talents
Delight Collaborate and support product teams with our expertise and assets (new components/patterns, tools, documentation...)
Consolidate Ensure stronger adoption of Midnight
Shine internally and externally by fostering the open-sourcing culture within the company and outside
And some Midnight highlights:
Currently in its first stable version (v1)
Around 50 components are regularly used by product teams in the production
Cross-platform and multiple targets support: web + native (Android and iOS)
A brief overview of our day-to-day stack:
Code collaboration: GitHub, GitHub Actions, CircleCI
Design tool: Figma
Project management and knowledge: JIRA, Notion
Communication: Slack, Zoom
Your role: Collaborate and Develop to design at scale
· Collaborate with our team bi-force Design x Engineering and with product teams to build new features with minimal effort
· Architecture (API design) and develop sustainable frontend solutions based on end-user and team needs
· Innovate and experiment new approaches in a fast track way
· Consolidate and maintain the design system ecosystem (the documentation, monitoring tool, design system playground, ...)
· Take care of the design system RUN by reviewing your teammates code, digging into bugs and feature requests, managing breaking change in a gracefully way, monitoring our asset consumption...
· Foster and strengthen our rituals and processes such as inner sourcing, team alignment, communication...
· Make your voice heard and participate actively to the Midnight roadmap definition through dedicated team rituals
This job has been tailored for you if...
· You have at least 2 years of frontend development experience in a professional environment
· You architect maintainable, efficient and high-quality code: continuous integration and deployment, API design, component (re)usability and interoperability, code refactoring, documentation, performance, semantic versioning, ... are not extraneous for you
· You have a team spirit and sharing mindset "If you want to go fast, go alone. If you want to go far, go together"
· You value collaboration with Product designers to deliver the best-in-class user experience
· You are a doer with a creative force and a high attention to detail: strive for the highest quality with an iterative approach mindset
· You are receptive to feedback, to be mentored and mentor. We're caring and make sure that everyone can grow. You will be empowered. You will empower others.
· You speak english fluently and you want to work in an international and dynamic environment
Icing on the cake
· You have knowledge or experience of building or consuming design systems
· You have experience with the React-Native framework and TypeScript development
· You have UI/UX sensitivity and want to learn more about design processes/tools and develop your design thinking
· You are sensitive to accessibility concerns
What we offer
· an amazing working environment, designed for kindness and blossoming,
· Work From Anywhere policy,
· an attractive remuneration package,
· an international and dynamic team with the opportunity to visit our different offices (Paris, Berlin, Barcelona, London),
· remote friendly policy,
· a gym inside the office and Gymlib subscription with preferential rate,
· regular team and global events,
· restaurant tickets,
· 4 weeks of paternity leave (fully covered) and 20 weeks of maternity leave (fully covered),
· Henner insurance (60% covered by PayFit),
· great coffee, fruits, snacks, foosball, MPG Teams or even team yoga classes,
· MacBooks are our standard, but we'll provide whatever equipment you need to help you get your job done!
· 1 Applicant initial validation: added value, key achievements, motivations, job match
· 2 Phone introduction with Ayoub, Engineering team lead
· 3 Short take-home assignment and, afterwards, pair code review session with the Engineering team lead or one engineer
· 4 Meet Sylvie, Product designer
· 5 Meet Amal, Engineering director & Ghislain, CTO and co-founder
· 6 Online chill session to meet the Design Studio tribe
Want to know more about our epic team? Watch thisvideo
We are looking for passionate and innovative people who want to build the next big success story with us! Do you recognise yourself in these words? Do you want to join an incredible adventure?Tell us who you are, what you’ve done and what you're looking to achieve. We’ll be more than happy to meet you :)