Orris Digital is a young start up Ecommerce Consultancy and Digital Marketing Agency. Through great client relationships and dependable performance Orris Digital has grown to the point of needing it’s first employee. Based in modern offices in Hatfield this position would be ideal for anyone within the area not wanting to commute to London, but still wanting to work in a high profile and fast-moving industry in a company that aims to compete with similar London agencies.
We’re looking for a graduate, in a full time permanent role, who is enthusiastic and strategically minded. Someone who is quick to pick up new concepts and has the confidence to get things done. The individual we’re looking for must be able to work independently at times as the owner of the business travels whilst consulting with clients and acquiring new business.
Orris Digital requires the following skills in their candidate:
• Good spoken and written English with a pedantic nature
• Good mathematical ability – we’re not looking for someone who can plot the future path of a comet, just someone who will be able to pick up basic statistics and understands common mathematical principles – there will be a test
• Someone who is naturally a problem solver
• A self-starter who doesn’t need to be asked twice to do something
• Relatively good skills in Excel and data handling – there will be a test
• Some HTML knowledge would be beneficial (Java Script would be excellent!)
A degree in advertising or marketing is advantageous but not essential. Digital Marketing is very different from the three Ps of marketing and focuses a lot more on Return on Investment and bidding for activity in an auction and as such someone with the right aptitude is more important than a traditionally trained individual.
All training will be provided and will take place in a real-world environment. This isn’t a sales job, however as your career progresses the successful candidate will be expected to contribute towards new business development which will be rewarded.
This is very much the fast track and gives the successful candidate the opportunity to work with business owners and experience how the whole Ecommerce industry works. They will also get the opportunity to grow with a small business which has been incredibly successful in it’s first year of business and has some very ambitious targets.