about the role
To develop communications solutions with the right balance between quality and competitiveness to meet customer business requirements. The process starts with the collection and analysis of all pertinent data essential to understanding customer requirements. The role takes responsibility for solution design inclusive of the underlying technical architecture, service level agreements, overall solution costing, delivery planning and representation of that solution as required. Customer facing activities such as customer presentations and negotiation in conjunction with the account manager is expected. The role takes responsibility of the end-to-end presales process technically and commercially.
Provide presales design support for both new and existing customers covering any of the Orange Business Services Solutions.
Support sales in positioning billable consulting work to customers when such services will facilitate progression towards or closure of Orange Business Services Solutions.
Maintain a thorough understanding of the external tools that are required in conjunction with internal tools, systems and processes in order to develop quality approved proposals to customers.
Maintain a high degree of technical knowledge of all Orange Business Services products, services and solutions sets
Contribution to the relevant Knowledge Management Repository
Based on specific skills and project assignment work activity could be focused at the regional, territory or local level
Ability to interface with customers as required during any stage of the customer lifecycle and effectively articulate the Orange value proposition
Actively participate in the tendering process and development of proposals in line with customer needs, liaising with other colleagues as necessary. Present proposal to internal communities as required as well as to customers. Support the development of customer SLAs and Service Delivery Kits.
Responsible for validating all non-standard elements in all proposals. Responsible for involving engineering department, support teams and other Orange groups as required on complex technical projects.
After contract signing, responsible for providing correct documentation inclusive of project hand-over detail on the customer solution to enable successful project implementation by the Service Delivery teams. For future changes or additions to the project, act as technical liaison between customer and Orange Service Delivery and Operational entities.
Team up with Sales and CS&O (Operations, Service Delivery), get acquainted with their processes and understand their roles in order to accomplish customer satisfaction.
Maintain a thorough understanding of the internal tools, systems and processes required to develop quality proposals to customers.
Ability to produce high quality written materials (mainly in English): Proposals, Business Cases, etc.
Build strong competences and maintain a high degree of technical knowledge in Orange’s solutions sets and services.
Excellent understanding of telecommunication business and technology inclusive of solution justification
Excellent network (LAN & WAN) technical architecture knowledge (Cisco certification is desirable)
Expertise in high level design and solution description Proven track record in technical leadership for complex project (design and/or implementation)
A relevant degree in Telecommunication field is expected Fluent in English (speaking, writing, reading, listening) Strong and proven service delivery in IT and Telecommunications Industries.
Proficiency in using MS Office Suite (Visio, Project, Word, PowerPoint and excel) in client consulting or presales engagements is required Excellent writing and delivery of high finishing quality documents
· Team player: willing to share experience and expected to act in a coaching role and provide support to less experiences team members.
· Highly motivated and results oriented with focus on meeting customer requirements and delivering quality proposals on schedule Ability to interface with customers as required in support of internal sales, operational personnel, or established third party relationships Outstanding verbal, written, and presentation skills Excellent presentation and interpersonal skills:
· Positive thinker, confident, presentable, enthusiastic, resilient and a self-starter o Entrepreneurial and innovative thinker.
· Business driver and results-oriented.
· Strong Team player.
· Excellent commercial and business understanding.
· Capable of working in a matrix organization in a changing company Approximately 30% mobility over region is to be expected (must be capable of working across cultural boundaries)
· Consultancy experience
· Telecom outsourcing experience
· Strong and Proven business development experience Demonstrated competence in management of large projects is desirable in the Orange solution set ITIL certification
Sales & Marketing Europe
Orange Business Services manages and integrates the complexity of international communications, freeing our customers to focus on the strategic initiatives that drive their business. Our extensive experience and knowledge in global communication solutions, together with our understanding of multinational business and local support in 166 countries and territories, ensure that our customers receive a consistent, global solution wherever they do business.