Provides direction and specialist knowledge in applying the technology/application to client business. Facilitation of customer product/application understanding through presentations demonstrations and benchmarks; provision of support throughout the sell.
As a Principal Sales Consultant you will be responsible as the expert for formulating and leading presales technical / functional support activity to prospective clients and customers while ensuring customer satisfaction. Acts as a technical resource and mentor for less experienced Sales Consultants. Focuses on large or complex sales opportunities that need creative and complex solutions. Develops productivity tools and training for other Sales Consultants. Develops and delivers outstanding Oracle presentations and demonstrations. Leads any and all aspects of the technical sales process. Advises internal and external clients on overall architect solutions.
Leading contributor individually and as a team member, providing direction and mentoring to others. Work is non-routine and very complex, involving the application of advanced technical/business skills in area of specialization. 3 years vendor (sales and marketing) experience. 7 years business experience with relevant computer applications or database/tools. Ability to implement the most advanced product features. Thorough knowledge of system and application design. In depth knowledge of competitors. Demonstrated project management skills. Demonstrated excellent verbal and written communication skills: needs analysis, positioning, business justification, closing techniques. Ability to persuade others through presentations, demonstrations, and written communication. Ability to travel as needed. A/BS degree or equivalent, advanced degree highly desirable.
As part of Oracle's employment process candidates will be required to complete a pre-employment screening process, prior to an offer being made. This will involve identity and employment verification, salary verification, professional references, education verification and professional qualifications and memberships (if applicable).
Oracle/Acme Packet has an outstanding track record for delivering business value in the communications industry. Only Oracle offers packaged software solutions that deliver end-to-end support for the key business processes for communications companies, from service creation, offer management, and order orchestration, through provisioning and service delivery, to billing, revenue assurance, and reporting.
Oracle/Acme Packet enables trusted, first-class delivery of next-generation voice, data and unified communications services and applications across IP networks for service providers and enterprises. The company's solutions are deployed by more than 1,900 service providers and enterprises globally, including 89 of the world's top 100 communications companies.
Acme Packet solutions represent a core offering within Oracle Communications portfolio to enable customers to more rapidly innovate while simplifying their IT and network infrastructures. Service providers are expected to be able to differentiate and monetize offerings through secure and reliable IP-based communications from any device, across any network. We also anticipate enterprise customers will be able to more effectively engage customers, deliver more innovative applications, and improve employee productivity.
This combination is expected to provide our partners with an expanded portfolio of world-class solutions to help them create even greater value for their customers.
• Lead Technical interface into enterprise customers in the region.
• Manage requests for resource allocation/support of key sales initiatives to drive sales and ensure customers are educated and informed.
• Provide vision/guidance to regional teams on technology requirements and trends to align product road maps with your customers strategy
• Co-ordinate and own Rfx answering process.
• Responsible for the technical sale of the Company's products and services at named accounts in the region.
• Ensure all technical pre-sales issues are resolved. This includes but is not limited to ownership of RFx responses, holding workshops and presentations to educate the customer, sizing/dimensioning offers, creating/reviewing offers, etc.
• Regularly participates in the development and execution of sales strategies within the accounts to increase sales/profits to the Company and its partners.
• Works closely with Professional Services personnel to analyze customer technical environments and requirements.
• Expert level knowledge of Enterprise Communications architecture and solutions.
• Expert level knowledge in the design and deployment of Unified Communications architectures and applications.
• Expert level knowledge and understanding Unified Communications products and protocols.
• Knowledge/experience of SIP trunking, Contact Center solutions (Genesys,
Avaya, ININ, Cisco), IP Telephony Solutions (Cisco, Avaya, Unify, Alcatel,Asterisk), Enterprise session management, Video solutions, Microsoft UC Solutions, WebRTC, Real Time Communications Security, SD-WAN;
• 8+ years experience of pre sales in the telephony, IP, VoIP, and/or networking industries.
• Prior experience in supporting sales team selling system level products and services to Enterprise customers requiring complex strategic, solution selling skills.
• The role is a direct touch presales with end-customers, but experience of working with channel partners and distribution channels is an advantage
• High level of enthusiasm and passion for market and business development.
• Bachelor's degree (or equivalent) in a relevant Technical field.