Description de l'offre
Date: Sep 9, 2018
Location: Birmingham, AL, US
Membership Representative - Birmingham, AL - 21804
Field Operations and Panel Recruitment - USA Birmingham, Alabama
Nielsen Representative- Nano
Who is Nielsen?
Nielsen, a global leader in measurement and information, is dedicated to providing clients with a precise understanding of what consumers watch and buy.
What is Nano?
The Nano meter, combined with the Streaming meter, is the next generation of Nielsen television measurement. Together they represent the future of audience measurement in the home. They deliver a smaller hardware footprint, an improved panelist experience, and a simplified installation approach. This is an exciting opportunity for the right candidate to contribute to the launch of this new platform at Nielsen and help define this new standard for the future.
What is a Nielsen Representative?
An enthusiastic individual who is personable, persuasive and passionate, who effectively recruits prospective Nielsen Families to participate in our TV Ratings measurement service. The Nielsen Representative’s core job duties include visiting prospective households unannounced/without prior appointments, educating and recruiting them to participate. This position may require some overnight travel outside of the immediate area.
Why do Nielsen Representatives love working for Nielsen?
· Benefits package including medical, dental, vision and 401K, effective the first day of employment
· Competitive compensation package with bonus plan
· Career development opportunities
· Non-traditional work schedule including afternoons, evenings and weekends
· Company car (insurance/gas/maintenance included)
· Laptop, printer and mobile phone
· Paid training program
What does a Nielsen Representative do?
· Drive to selected homes, within a designated territory, using a company provided vehicle and a supplied GPS navigator
· Approach randomly selected households without an appointment
· Conduct in-person interviews with Nielsen Families to ensure they meet established criteria
· Input collected data into a computer and/or iPhone
· Recruit Nielsen Families and get participants energized and excited about participating in Nielsen’s TV Ratings
· Maintain ongoing relationships with Nielsen Families
· Connect and maintain the Nano and Streaming meter devices(training provided) in each successfully recruited household and ensure our equipment is operational
What are the Nielsen Representative job qualifications?
· Ability to work remotely in a non-traditional schedule, including evenings and weekends
· Demonstrated success in achieving pre-determined sales goals
· Strong organizational skills and ability to work independently
· Knowledge of television and set-top box inputs and outputs
· Knowledge of phone applications and navigating with tablets
· Relevant experience: customer service,market research, census bureau research, in-field research, social service, sales, or Business to Consumer (B2C) in-home contact
· Ability to drive and commute long distances, up to 200 miles per trip and able to be outside, in all weather and traffic conditions
· Navigate secured buildings, gated communities, stairs, elevators, walkways and driveways (paved and unpaved) and a wide variety of entrances into a potential Nielsen Family residence
· Minimum High School Diploma/GED with 2-5 years equivalent work experience
· Computer proficiency in all formats including Google Suite and Microsoft Office applications
· Comprehensive background check, includes meeting requirements for criminal and motor vehicle record
· Live in market: Birmingham, AL
· Must have been in current position for at least 1 year(for internal applicants)
· Bilingual language skills: Spanish, Mandarin, Vietnamese
· Bachelors, Associates or technical degree
What are the Benefits?
Comprehensive benefits packageeffective DAY 1 of employment. We offer unlimited career and high earning potential, top-of-the-line training and other great benefits, including:
· Extensive paid sales training program: May require travel in various markets for training – lodging and transportation included
· Competitive compensation
· Annual Base Salary
· Performance Based Bonus Plan(Highest performers earn up to six (6) figures)
· Potential for paid overtime
· Language pay differential to those who qualify
· Company car, including insurance, gas, and maintenance(save as much as $8,000 per year)
· Tablet, home printer, and cell phone(monthly talk and data service provided)
· 401(k) Plan with company match
· Tuition reimbursement
· Paid time off including:
· 3 weeks paid time off in the first year
· 10 sick days per year
· Maternity and Paternity leave
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen’s Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry’s only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world’s population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com
Nielsen is committed to hiring and retaining a diverse workforce. We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, color, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.