Description de l'offre
Date: Sep 4, 2018
Location: Woking, WOK, GB
BI Analyst - 26681
What’s it like to be part of Nielsen? We’ll let the data do the talking. With more than 40,000 people in over 100 countries, we’re a diverse group. In the UK alone, we have over 55 nationalities. But there’s a lot that brings us together. We’re obsessed with measuring and understanding consumer behaviours to help our clients grow. Our measurement covers 90% of the world’s population and GDP. We get to work with the world’s biggest and best brands. We believe in making things Open, Connected, Useful and Personal. We challenge everyone to innovate, take risks, learn and grow! Diversity and Inclusion are critical to our growth, strength and ability to innovate. We want everyone to have a voice and be themselves. We empower our employees to make a difference, by collaborating both inside and outside the office. There has never been a better time to be at Nielsen.
· 25 days holiday
· A great contributory pension with a highly elite pension provider
· Fantastic private healthcare package
· First class training support and development opportunities
· Gain Invaluable Nielsen experience on your CV
As BI Analyst, you will help build reporting solutions to match client data requirements or internal production system reporting requirements using functionality available in our preferred reporting tools. You will monitor and support report and delivery systems resolving data and technical issues while supporting new projects and BookScan territories with set up and testing.
Key accountabilities for our roles include:
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of transactional and reporting databases
· Maintain up-to-date knowledge of company preferred reporting tools.
· Correctly interpret data delivery and ad hoc requirements as specified by internal or external clients
· Create and test/validate basic reports to meet specifications
· Reformat reports as required
· Work with other teams as required to deliver improved reporting for Ignite, Dataflow and E2E systems
· Complete new user setups
· Run and maintain cubes
· To monitor and support report and delivery systems resolving data and technical issues
· Monitor mailbox and resolve data queries from internal or external clients
· Know companies escalation procedures for hardware and software failures
· Liaise with App Dev teams as required to resolve issues.
· To support new projects and BookScan territories with set up and testing
· Take part in testing BI part of new projects including new Scan territories, Scan feed migration
· Follow up and escalate post release issues
To succeed in this role you will need:
· Good communication skills
· Good numeracy skills
· Highly proficient general PC skills
· Ability to manipulate data within MS Excel
· Demonstrated experience working to deadlines
· Experience analysing, validating or reconciling data
· Ability to determine, solve or escalate problems
· Ability to manage own workload effectively
· Ability to deal with internal and external clients and communicate well with people at all levels
· Previous experience with Cognos or other BI tool is preferred but not essential
· Knowledge of databases and related concepts (e.g. SQL and table joins), command line editors in Unix and Linux or FTP protocol would be an advantage
At Nielsen, diversity and inclusion are integral parts of the organization’s DNA. By diversity, we mean far more than the diversity you can see; we value diversity of thought, experiences, skills and backgrounds.
At Nielsen, we respect diversity and offer an inclusive work environment. As an equal opportunity employer, we are committed to hiring and retaining a qualified and diverse workforce.
We are proud to be an Equal Opportunity/Affirmative Action-Employer, making decisions without regard to race, colour, religion, gender, gender identity or expression, sexual orientation, national origin, genetics, disability status, age, marital status, protected veteran status or any other protected class.
Nielsen is committed to providing accommodations throughout the recruitment process. If you require accommodation please let us know.
Founded on the principles of integrity, honesty, fairness, respect and reliability, Nielsen is a place where you can be yourself, make a difference and grow.
In the UK, we have won several awards including:
2018 Oxfordshire Business Awards – Employer of the Year – Finalist
2017 Oxfordshire Apprenticeships – Apprenticeship Award – Winner
2017 Apprenticeships National Awards – Large Employer of the Year – Regional Highly Commended
2017 Inclusive Top 50 UK Employers – # 25
2016 Times Top 100 – One to Watch