Date: Sep 18, 2018
Location: Oxford, OXF, GB
Benefits and Payroll Administrator - 27230
Human Resources - Great Britain Oxford, Oxfordshire
A crucial role within the HR Shared Services Team, the Benefits Administrator is responsible for delivering all aspects of HR administration, providing an efficient and effective service for the department including the Compensation & Benefits Manager, and the Company ensuring a fast and accurate right first time delivery. The Benefits Administrator is the public face of the team to internal and external customers with specific emphasis on managing the starters and leaver's process, administering employee benefits, coordinating HR stats and data, and keeping HR information systems up to date.
The Benefits Administrator works across all departments, so has exposure to all aspects of HR, with the opportunity to assist other members of the HR Team on ad hoc project work. This is a challenging fast-paced role within a supportive team and a Company who can offer the following;
• 25 days holiday rising to 28 with long service
• The option to buy even more holiday!
• A great contributory pension with a highly elite pension provider
• Fantastic private healthcare package
• First class training support and development opportunities
• Is the first point of contact for employee enquiries on HR policies, employment terms and conditions, Company benefits, with autonomy to resolve queries where possible or escalate to the relevant party.
• Supports Onboarding Administrator where required with administration for new starters - issuing employment contracts, undertaking referencing, verifying immigration documents, holding inductions
• Collates all employee changes on a monthly basis, produces letters and contract variations and maintains and updates the SAP HR database.
• Supports payroll process by collating relevant payroll information (e.g. starters, leavers, changes), instructs the payroll provider, conducts payroll validations to ensure accuracy
• Takes full ownership of leavers - acknowledging resignations, instructing payroll, holding exit interviews. Administers all employee benefits, including pension, life assurance, healthcare, Childcare Vouchers, Cycle to Work schemes, Company cars. Arranges promotional events and launches new benefits/initiatives. Prepares information for benefits' providers and HMRC.
• Carry out all general HR admin (reference letters, emergency contact reports, sickness absence, long service awards, minute taking etc)
• Handles statutory leave requests from employees, i.e. maternity/paternity, and liaises with all relevant parties e.g. payroll and HRIS providers.
• Maintains departmental logs and trackers, produces regular HR statistics on headcount, labour turnover, absence trends.
• Excellent organisation skills, can prioritise workload effectively, and work accurately, at speed, displaying exemplary attention to detail.
• Discretion, tact, sensitivity, recognises the need for confidentiality.
• Proactive problem solver, resourceful, demonstrates initiative, has a can-do attitude and works well independently.
• Excellent communication skills and confidence in dealing with all levels of employees and building effective professional relationships across all departments and with external providers.
• Sound knowledge of all Microsoft and Google IT systems, notably Microsoft Excel. Experience of HR information systems, ideally SAP.
• Keen interest in and enthusiasm for HR as a business function and desire to become a subject matter expert.
• Experience in a highly matrixed environment and/or experience working in a complex global organisation with multiple business entities would be an advantage.
• Proven HR administrative experience in a service environment, customer-focused with a track record of exceeding expectations.
Nielsen N.V. (NYSE: NLSN) is a global performance management company that provides a comprehensive understanding of what consumers Watch and Buy. Nielsen's Watch segment provides media and advertising clients with Total Audience measurement services across all devices where content — video, audio, and text — is consumed. The Buy segment offers consumer packaged goods manufacturers and retailers the industry's only global view of retail performance measurement.
By integrating information from its Watch and Buy segments and other data sources, Nielsen provides its clients with both world-class measurement as well as analytics that help improve performance. Nielsen, an S&P 500 company, has operations in over 100 countries that cover more than 90 percent of the world's population. For more information, visit www.nielsen.com