As a global leader in advanced cabling and connectivity solutions, Nexans brings energy to life through an extensive range of best-in-class products and innovative services. For over 120 years, innovation has been the company's hallmark, enabling Nexans to drive a safer, smarter and more efficient future together with its customers.
Today, the Nexans Group is committed to facilitating energy transition and supporting the exponential growth of data by empowering its customers in four main business areas: Building & Territories (including utilities, smart grids, e¬mobility), High Voltage & Projects (covering offshore wind farms, submarine interconnections, land high voltage), Telecom & Data (covering data transmission, telecom networks, hyperscale data centers, LAN), and Industry & Solutions (including renewables, transportation, Oil & Gas, automation, and others).
Corporate Social Responsibility is a guiding principle of Nexans' business activities and internal practices. In 2013 Nexans became the first cable provider to create a Foundation supporting sustainable initiatives bringing access to energy to disadvantaged communities worldwide. The Group's commitment to developing ethical, sustainable and high-quality cables drives its active involvement within several leading industry associations, including Europacable, The National Electrical Manufacturers Association (NEMA), International Cablemakers Federation (ICF) or CIGRE to mention a few.
Nexans employs more than 26,000 people with industrial footprint in 34 countries and commercial activities worldwide. In 2017, the Group generated 6.4 billion euros in sales. Nexans is listed on Euronext Paris, compartment A.
Country : United States- Location : Chester, NEW YORK
Function : Supply Chain
Contract Type : Full Time Permanent
Nexans Energy USA is seeking a Materials and Scheduling Manager at our Chester, New York facility. This position is responsible for managing the day to day activities of the material planning, plant scheduling and plant purchasing. Working with this group you will coordinate production orders, manufacturing capabilities and capacities and material requirements to meet customer’s needs while maximizing plant efficiencies.
Areas of responsibility
· Review machine loading to maximize efficiencies and ensure accurate delivery information is provided to both the Sales groups and Customers
· Daily supervision of both the plant Scheduling and Purchasing functions
· Analyze customer forecasts in order to plan future production loads accordingly and to ensure that machine loads are achievable
· Ensure the Scheduling and Purchasing functions are performed in accordance with the ISO Quality Management requirements
· Effectively communicate short and long term production and machine priorities
· Calculate manufacturing time and delivery date status according to customer specifications in order to accurately develop feasible quotations in a timely manner according to customer specifications
· Be aware and proactive to any potential late orders in the system that will not meet the given deadline, alert customer service and managers accordingly to avoid or eliminate the problem and maintain accurate dates within the commercial system
· Oversee the purchase of raw materials and plant supplies
· Manage WIP and raw materials inventories to meet defined objectives
· Review Recipes and BOM’s and work with Product Design to ensure accuracy
· Responsible for the performance of the Chester warehouse and the Wallkill logistics center
· Coordinate with both local shipping and the Logistic centers to minimize freight and material handling
· Participation in the setting and meeting of plant goals and objectives
Required skills and qualifications
· 3-5 years of supervisory and planning experience in a manufacturing environment
· University degreeor College diploma
· Experience in SAP
· Knowledge of Materials Management and problem solving is an asset
· Substantial understanding of production methods
· Superior computer skills including Access, Excel and Word
· Understanding of transportation and logistics
· Certified or working towards APICS accreditation would be an asset
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Must be familiar with ERP / Scheduling / BOM
· Well-developed leadership skills with the ability to motivate, influence, coach and facilitate in order to interact effectively at all levels of an organization
· Independent problem solving abilities
· Time management and organization skills
Nexans welcomes and encourages applications from people with disabilities. Accommodations are available on request for candidates taking part in all aspects of the selection process. During the hiring process, should you be selected for an interview, accommodations will be provided.