Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 193 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Netflix Creative Studio helps stories find their fans through the creation of world-class video and imagery on the Netflix global platform. We are looking for a driven, innovative and experienced Video Editor to join our team and continue our mission to revolutionize the way content is created and delivered to millions of members across the globe.
As Creative Studio Editor you will be partnering with internal creatives, cross-functional teams and freelancers to create stunning and impactful promotional assets for titles within the Netflix member experience. This unique opportunity blends hands-on editing, creative collaboration, and project management in a fully autonomous environment.
If you’re smart, resourceful, confident, highly competent—and mature enough not to have an ego. You thrive in balancing the left brain with right, creativity with project management, innovation with technology. You’re a skilled communicator who welcomes honest, candid feedback and you want to make an impact in the world of entertainment. We’d like to hear from you.
*Please submit your reel along with a LinkedIn profile in your resume so we can see a sample of your work.*
· Video editors are responsible for the kick-off, creative development and execution of title level trailers and subsets of promotional videos.
· Must have a strong voice for creative direction and crafting narrative short form assets. No script, No Copy, No boundaries
· Clearly able to communicate artistic vision with partners or bring ideas to life with freelance editors.
· Troubleshoot toolset inefficiencies and collaborate on post-production optimizations
· Work closely with a group of peers to efficiently scale asset suites and collaborate on creative
· Collaborate cross-functionally with various other internal organizations to address needs of multiple teams and uses
· Over 5 years in an editorial / post-production capacity (studio, agency or freelance)
· Expertise in non-linear editing platforms (Adobe Premiere)
· Basic knowledge of motion graphics authoring software (After Effects)
· Knowledge of online / offline production workflows & re-conformance of proxy to full-resolution footage
· Ability to manage self-manage and organize workloads around tight deadlines
· Strong oral and written communication skills
· See Who We Are and what our Culture is like.
· You are passionate and curious about all aspects of av marketing creative and have an entrepreneurial mindset.
· You thrive in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity.
· You are an agile, goal-oriented personality, driven to succeed and always up for a challenge!