We’re a group of developers, artists, and storytellers that make games full of wonder, danger, and humor. Everyone at our studio, whether an industry vet or new voice impacts each game through collaborative feedback, mutual respect, and creative empowerment. If you want to make games leave a meaningful impact on players: we want to hear from you.
We’re looking for new teammates who deeply care about the work they do, the stories they tell, and the people they create with. As part of the Netflix team, we strive to hire the best and value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusion, and collaboration.
Learn how our story-loving game people came to join Netflix’s team of game-loving story people .
Art at Night School Studio
Night School Studio’s goal is to create world-class narrative games, with a strong emphasis on compelling storytelling and visual style. Each of our games is unique, with worlds that are rich in history and lore, and characters that feel like they are living and breathing. They have a past, present, and future. Art serves as an extremely important part in creating an immersive experience for the player. We use VFX as a valuable method to convey and support narrative and design mechanics that enhance our games.
About the Job
We are looking for an experienced full-time VFX Artist with a strong sensibility for art and the technical ability to create stylized visual effects. This position will work with the Art Director, Designers, and Engineering Team to bring innovative visuals to life in the Unity Engine.
As a VFX Artist at Night School Studio you will...
· Design dynamic VFX systems that add atmosphere and depth to environments and gameplay
· Maintain a given style across a variety of assets, and expand that style to fit the requirements of new assets
· Recognizing what VFX are needed, early in the prototyping stage and supporting pre-production with VFX previsualization and prototype VFX
· Designing, creating, and integrating VFX from start to finish
· Rendering animated loopable and/or tileable textures
· You will work closely with the artists, animators, designers, and engineers on the team, to develop, implement, set dress environments and cinematics with VFX.
· You will be the link between the artistic and technical teams and therefore it is vital that you are able to develop the needed systems and applications
Ideally, you are...
· Available full time in Los Angeles
· Receptive to critique and feedback
· Able to communicate ideas clearly and effectively
· Self-starter willing to find solutions and ask questions when needed
· Attention to detail and a desire to make excellent narrative games
Skills & Requirements:
· Portfolio demonstrating wide variety of VFX
· Three or more shipped games as an vfx artist in games
· Strong game design and communication skills
· Testing, debugging, solving problems and fixing bugs
· Performance testing and optimizing VFX for different platforms