At Netflix, we are shaping the future of global entertainment, bringing moments of joy to 200+ million customers. The Corporate Systems Engineering (CoSE) team at Netflix focuses on improving the employee experience, collaboration, and productivity of our global employees and support teams. We provide a broad portfolio of enterprise systems and software as a service from Active Directory and Google Workspace to Zendesk and Slack. As a centralized engineering team responsible for helping Netflix employees with how they work, we aim to remove friction, simplify workflows by increasing automation, and provide technical solutions so they can focus on bringing engaging stories to our members all over the world.
Among others, this means we:
• Design and build lightweight integrations between services in our environment (both built in-house and SaaS) that need to exchange data;
• Actively work to automate (where possible) and transition (where not) support work to Netflix’s in-house world-class tier 2 support organization;
• Design the next generation of office-supporting infrastructure such as Active Directory-based authentication services, printing, etc.;
• Improve and maintain identity-related workflows supporting critical processes such as onboarding, user and device provision, and offboarding
This role is responsible for setting the vision and leading the team. You’ll be a key engineering leader in the Netflix Product Organization and contribute widely as a central team leader, especially given the substantial opportunities and need to work cross-functionally.
You will likely spend your time networking both inside and outside the company, recruiting for your team, building effective and robust partnerships with stakeholders. You will work closely with teams your team needs to collaborate with, providing and receiving feedback effectively and aligning on shared deliverables as needed. You will collaborate with your team to set the vision for Systems Engineering within CoSE and work with other leaders within Corporate Engineering to help guide Corporate Engineering as an organization.
· You’re deeply passionate about inclusion, diversity, and equity and have some experience improving aspects of these where you’ve worked;
· You have experience leading teams with highly diverse skill sets;
· You can effectively hire and retain high-impact people from diverse backgrounds with diverse motivations;
· You can effectively partner with others in the organization and use your thoughtfulness and empathy to understand the challenges they face and how you can work together to better life for Netflix employees;
· You can operate both tactically and strategically and know when best to choose which of these approaches is appropriate in the moment;
· You’re humble, have some understanding of where/how you’d like to grow, and thirst for supportive, constructive feedback from others to continue to improve yourself;
· You’re courageous and willing to do uncomfortable things like giving people feedback.
· You have a passion for systems engineering, AWS, and SaaS management at scale;
· You have 3-5 years experience and success, leading engineering teams staffed with senior, autonomous engineers;
· You are well versed in technical principles like cloud engineering, operational excellence, and balancing performance, efficiency, and reliability;
· You’re deeply interested in organizational culture and health and have enough familiarity with Netflix’s culture to both find it primarily attractive and to have questions about how it manifests on the ground and impacts your ability to do your job.
Does this list of attributes excite you? Better yet, do the majority of these characteristics describe you? If so, we’d love to chat.