It's an exciting time to join Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment globally. We bring new stories to over 200 million people in over 190 countries worldwide by promoting our original, exclusive content. A key growth factor is our ability to empower Netflix personnel to utilize cutting-edge technology built in-house that maximizes studio/production efficiencies to facilitate creation of the world’s best streaming content.
Like all great companies, we strive to hire the best and we value integrity, excellence, respect, inclusivity, and collaboration. What is special about Netflix, among other things, is our Culture.
The Studio Product Rollout team uniquely sits between the teams developing the software products for Netflix Studio and the Studio employees & external partners who utilize these products. We are a customer success team that actively engages with cross-functional teams from both organizations on a daily basis to help drive change management, go-to-market planning, positively influence product adoption, and user education. Our main goal is to help empower all users of Netflix technology to gain value by using it to do their jobs faster, easier, and smarter. What we learn from doing that is feedback shared with the product teams that influences product development. If you are an early tech adopter and enjoy creating new pathways to help others and drive change, this is the space for you.
The Training Manager role is responsible for empowering all Netflix employees and external users with training and education on cutting edge, Netflix-built technologies. It involves a blend of educational expertise, entertainment studio expertise (inclusive of creative, production, finance, legal, publicity, marketing, and more), and cloud-based software expertise with the goal of pioneering the advancement of technology for the Netflix Studios pipeline end-to-end. This role lives and breathes in the ability to function beyond an educator; it is also a strategic go-to-market partner, as well as a trusted advocate for the end users in communicating back to product developers. It requires endless proactivity, ingenuity, and meaningful internal and external communication.
· Become an expert in studio products by working with product development teams to understand their release cycles and socialize new features.
· Lead the way in building and presenting curriculum and high quality synchronous (aka “live”) software training for audiences big and small, including 1:1 sessions.
· Develop and partner in the creation of training programs and individual training curriculum -- including but not limited to documentation, video, web-based e-Learning tutorials, etc.
· If/when travel restrictions lift, there will be light travel involved between Netflix offices.
· Discover, recommend and socialize new workflows to facilitate individual and studio-wide change management via training & education.
· Develop connections with partner teams throughout the company to further key relationships and shared goals.
· Develop relationships with new Studio employees to aid in their onboarding and technical training.
· Develop relationships with veteran Studio employees to aid in ongoing educational opportunities.
Qualifications - The successful candidate...
· Will thrive in and has values that fit our Culture .
· Is fluent in speaking Japanese and English
· Has excellent presentation, communication and interpersonal skills.
· Is passionate about leaning into new ideas and helping others overcome legacy concepts.
· Is flexible amid an ever-changing and growing environment.
· Is willing & able to run lean with a DIY mentality.
· Has a passion for film and filmmaking and curiosity to explore an evolving industry.
· Has the skill to design & create aesthetically pleasing, easy to understand documentation and graphics for training curriculum.
Qualifications - Nice-to-haves
· Ideally has formal training-related experience.
· Experience with G Suite and other progressive cloud-based platforms.
· Media/entertainment industry experience experience (on-set or at a studio) in the areas of finance, legal, creative and/or marketing.
Netflix Japan will not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from recruitment agencies, and we will not be responsible for any related fees. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or employees.