As Netflix produces more content and we expand our global presence, it becomes even more important to get people excited about content that’s right for them. Promoting our titles happens on our consumer-facing product, and off the product through marketing and publicity. To help consumers find the stories they’ll love, we need to make sure that we can scale our marketing and publicity efforts as well as deliver high quality experiences to customers around the world.
As a Software Automation Engineer in Test you will be responsible for the release pipeline for Netflix’s Media Center as well as other off-product sites created for specific marketing initiatives. These off-product experiences are critical for promoting titles, so the infrastructure to support them needs a high degree of stability.
This is a high impact role where your contributions will not only make a difference in driving viewers to Netflix, but will also support the pipeline for mentoring new engineering talent joining the Studio organization. If you love product ideation, owning, collaborating, building, constantly raising the bar and growing others, you will thrive in this role!
· Work cross-functionally with external vendors to manage systems and services to create infrastructure for promotional websites
· Work with internal stakeholders to ensure that marketing launches are well supported
· Evaluate new technologies to address scaling and reliability challenges across your portfolio
· Work with other members of the team to plan ahead of major feature releases
· Mentor other members of the team
Required Skills / Experience
· 3+ years of experience in software automation
· Familiarity with DevOps, release best practices and managing infrastructure as code
· Excellent communication skills
Nice to haves
· Familiarity with enterprise software development
· Knowledge of Terraform or similar platform to orchestrate infrastructure
· Experience developing applications using cloud computing platforms such as Amazon EC2, Azure, or Google Compute Engine
· Previous work with geographically distributed teams