Netflix is revolutionizing entertainment and shaping the evolution of storytelling around the world. We deliver an extensive library of movies and shows each month to more than 200 million accounts across 190 countries, and we are reaching new audiences every day. Our data-driven culture allows us to continuously innovate and provide the best personalized experience for our diverse member base.
The goal of our Studio Production Data Science and Engineering team is to help support our rapidly expanding Studio in their efforts to produce engaging and global content. We conduct analyses, develop models, and build analytical tools to help our partners plan for and execute on our productions. You can learn more about our team and the work we do in this blog post . For more information about our broader research and analytics work, you can visit the Netflix Research website .
We are looking for a talented data scientist to partner with our world-class team of Studio production partners to support the creation of our original content. In addition, you will partner with various cross-functional teams to deliver or augment internal product development or strategic analyses with your expertise. Interested? Read more about the job description and qualifications below!
What you will do:
· Work closely with stakeholders in both Animation and Live Action Studio Production to learn about the production process and identify potentially impactful problems to solve via data science and mathematical modeling
· Develop innovative models that empower decision making for Studio executives and cross-functional partners, by leveraging multiple types of data generated by and collected from our productions throughout their end-to-end lifecycle
· Collaborate (as needed) with cross-functional partners or team members to operationalize your analyses or models so that they can be integrated seamlessly into stakeholder and partner workflows
· Serve as a key thought partner for Studio stakeholders, cross-functional partners, and our diverse set of team members regarding advanced mathematical and computational methods
Your background and characteristics:
· PhD or MS degree in a quantitative or computational field
· 3+ years of relevant, full-time work experience
· Practical data science experience with a deep technical background in supervised and unsupervised machine learning methods
· Expertise in operations research methods, most notably optimization and simulation
· Proficiency in SQL and programming in Python or R
· Comfort with ambiguity; ability to own and drive projects with minimal oversight and process
· Exceptional written and oral communication with technical and non-technical audiences
· Enthusiasm about and compatibility with Netflix culture