Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with more than 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
It's a great time to join our team and as Netflix grows globally, we continue to look for the best and brightest talent to scale with our growth opportunity. As we continue our rapid expansion in creating owned content, we are looking for an individual to join our Financial Reporting and Consolidations team.
The ideal candidate will be an individual with a great understanding of accounting principles, ERP systems, and month-end close processes. The Sr. Accountant, Financial Reporting & Consolidations will execute the integration of M&A entities and oversee the accounting close process to produce accurate and timely consolidated financial reporting in accordance with GAAP.
· Consolidation of monthly financial statements (including foreign currency remeasurement, and translation)
· Work cross-functionally with teams across Accounting, Finance, and the target company to consolidate M&A entities
· Oversee the month end close process collaborating with multiple business units and in Workday Financials
· Set up and maintain the COA, account roll-ups, and reporting structure for compliance with GAAP for consistency and completeness
· Partner with Tax on the transfer pricing integration and perform reasonableness analysis
· Review intercompany settlements and FX fluctuations
· Ensure accuracy and integrity of financial reports from Workday Financials
· Support onboarding of M&A companies to Netflix’s systems and close processes
· Perform change in functional currency of legal entities
· Partner with IT on the implementation of system enhancements and reporting initiatives
· 3-5 years of hands-on accounting experience, with strong knowledge of general ledger, consolidations, and intercompany accounting
· Worked on M&A integration projects
· Bachelor’s degree in finance and/or Accounting is required
· Proficiency in MS Excel
· CPA with Big 4 or other accounting experience is a plus
· Experience with Workday Financials or other cloud-based ERP systems is a plus
· Great communicator that can build strong working relationships with cross-functional teams and external advisors
· Accustomed to multitasking, prioritizing and meeting multiple tight deadlines
· Self-starter, who is able to work effectively and autonomously
· The ideal candidate is curious, enthusiastic, and not afraid to ask questions and challenge the status quo