At Netflix we connect people of all ages around the world with stories they will love. It’s an exciting time to join as we continue to transform entertainment globally, bringing joy to over 208 million households in more than 190 countries. Of course, within these households are the next generation of the world’s children -- and no one loves Netflix more than kids do!
We are looking for an inspiring product management (PM) leader to help define the future of entertainment for a rapidly growing, global audience of kids and their families. In this role, you will lead product innovation for the Netflix kids experience globally and across all devices as part of a very senior group of product innovators responsible for continuously improving our service and delighting our members.
We launched our first dedicated kids experience in early 2011 and kids profiles are now used regularly by tens of millions of younger members around the world. Kids and their parents have unique needs in how they discover and watch TV shows and movies. The opportunity for this leader is to continue to innovate and improve the experience around these specific needs.
In addition, Netflix is producing some of the most popular, innovative, and inclusive kids content in the world and an important part of this role is making it easier for the whole family to discover and enjoy the many new characters and stories that we are bringing to life.
About this role...
The leader in this role will own and drive key areas of our product innovation work. They will have the responsibility to continually develop new and successful product strategies for connecting kids and families to stories that they love. The focus of this role is the kids member experience: all content discovery and playback with a key emphasis on evolving our dedicated kids experience. To accomplish this, this PM will lead a cross-functional team of engineers, designers, researchers, and data scientists while collaborating successfully with global and regional business leaders across organizations within the company.
Success in this role requires the creativity to look at problems in new ways, the discipline to use a rigorous, a/b testing approach to find out what works, a balance of creativity and analytic skills and the boldness to try new things. We are looking for a product leader who demonstrates strategic thinking, customer empathy, and solid product instincts. In this role, it’s your job to inspire and influence the team by articulating and continuously reinforcing an ambitious yet realistic product vision for kids and families.
In this role, you will:
· Define and own our product innovation roadmap for the Netflix kids experience across all Netflix platforms (TV, mobile, tablet, website).
· Inspire and lead an agile team of designers, engineers, consumer insights, and data science & analytics colleagues to deliver outstanding experiences for kids and their families.
· Develop and execute ideas through all aspects of the product development lifecycle including design, research, development, testing, productization and iteration.
· Partner with Netflix kids content development and marketing teams to define new product innovation opportunities for our kids experience.
· Author strategy documents (memos) and presentations, and represent your team’s work to senior executives and content partners.
· Work with your data science and analytics counterparts to build business cases and interpret results from a/b tests.
· Work with your consumer insights and experience design partners to deeply understand and socialize the evolving needs of our customers, content team, and partners.
· The opportunity to have impact. The Netflix product management model is different from most technology companies. Our key product management leaders - including this position - work with multiple sprint teams but do not have direct reports. Consequently, we’re looking for experienced product leaders who are strategic and also like rolling up their sleeves.
· Responsibility. Netflix offers true transparency and autonomy. Our culture is unique and is key to how we innovate.
· Learning. You will be creating customer experiences and business models that have never been done before. You will have the opportunity to work with stunning colleagues who value collaboration and from whom you can learn.
· A work environment where you can grow your career. Many of our top execs started out as individual contributors.
· Huge enthusiasm for defining and evolving a great internet video experience for kids and families
· 5+ years experience in product management with a proven record of successfully launching consumer products or platforms
· A bachelor’s degree; post-graduate degree a plus
· Experience and demonstrated leadership working effectively with design, consumer insights, analytics and engineering teams
· Proven instincts about user experience, design, and consumer needs
· Understanding of quantitative research methods such as AB testing and analytics
· A strong critical thinker with a balance of creative and analytical skills
· Excellent verbal and written communication skills and ability to excel in a dynamic, intellectual, results-driven environment
· A passion for TV and movies and defining the future of entertainment
Preferred Experience & Skills:
· Experience managing a product roadmap over a long time horizon (ex. 6 months+)
· Direct experience in product design and/or engineering
· Direct experience in kids technology and/or kids entertainment
We strongly believe that diversity of experience, perspectives, and background will lead to a better environment for our employees and better products for our customers.