A bit about Netflix:
Netflix is the leading provider of streaming video, reaching over 200 million paid subscribers in more than 190 countries and territories worldwide. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen, all without commercials or commitments.
A bit about the opportunity & team:
Join the Netflix XD team for the unique opportunity to design a forward-looking and influential product that elevates and enhances the Netflix experience for all. We love high-end design, thinking, and vision – bringing excitement and enthusiasm to the broader team. If you love moving quickly, designing products and features that don’t yet exist, and have the craft to elevate the experiences we all enjoy, then this might be the right fit for you!
A bit about the Product Designer we’re looking for:
· A principal product designer that has taken products from concept through launch. Must be strong in building design systems with top-notch visual skills across all platforms.
· Works autonomously and collaborates well with Leads and peers on the design and UX vision, informs roadmap and strategy, and executes implementing designs and systems with cross-functional partners such as engineering, research, and PM.
· Comfortable in the face of ambiguity, moving fast to learn fast, and prioritizing effectively
· Innovates and visualizes new ways of merging content and product
· Articulates design vision, approach, and status to cross-functional partners and leads through presenting, prototyping, and design specs
· Knows how to focus a team with customer-centric questions like “what’s in it for the user?” and “What is a must in an MVP user experience that honors our 3 year vision?”
· Inspires and aligns the cross-functional team with a design vision, communicating and understanding the sequencing of getting to that ultimate vision
· Scopes design work and negotiate with business and engineering partners to align around milestones and deliverables that are realistic and feasible
Technical skills we’re looking for:
· Fluency in core design tools (Figma, Photoshop)
· Fluency in design prototyping tools (Origami, Figma, or other)
· Understanding of designing for web, mobile, and other platforms
· Able to implement and collaborate with engineers (not necessary to know code)
We’re so excited to see what amazing ideas and concepts can be created for this unique opportunity at Netflix!