Netflix has over 200 million members worldwide, and we want to share our stories with even more. The Growth Team is a strategic part of that membership expansion. We are looking for a Growth Product Designer who will help us reach the next 200 million members.
About the team
The mission of the Netflix Experience Design Team (XD) is to push the Netflix experience beyond what’s expected by crafting designs that make our members happy and measurably move the business forward.
Within XD, the Organic Growth Design Team is made up of product designers who do just that: we move the business forward through our design strategy, solutions, and experimentation and we put empathy for our prospective and current members at the center of it all. We have a broad range of design skills on the team and we pride ourselves on a strong culture of experimentation, creativity, and accountability.
As a valued member of the team
· You will play a key role in defining Netflix’s relationship with new and potential members, working across various channels to grow our international membership base.
· You will be empowered to find new ways to win the hearts and minds of our audience
· You will be surrounded by many talented, inspiring people everyday
· You will be part of an amazing, skilled, and supportive design community
· You will work in close collaboration with product, business, data science, research, and engineering partners to build new experiences for people around the globe.
The Must Haves
· Proven expertise in the user-centered design process, particularly product and interaction design skills, across web, mobile, and/or TV
· Able to successfully balance design execution and strategy
· Able to go deep and think about the ins and outs and edge cases, and to go wide to connect the pieces
· Embrace our culture of experimentation and A/B testing
· Be the voice for customer-centric design innovation while meeting business goals
· Clearly articulate rationale behind your concepts—and evangelize on their behalf
· Skilled at — and enjoy being — the connective tissue between designers, cross-functional partners, and stakeholders
· A willingness to fail and learn
· An earnest, mature, and ego-free attitude that welcomes candid feedback
· Growth design experience
· An adaptive & resilient mindset when things go awry (and bonus if you can laugh about it)
· Excitement about the entertainment industry