It’s an amazing time to be joining Netflix as we continue to transform entertainment globally. As part of our mission to entertain the world, we are always looking to develop new ways of understanding our members and strengthen existing ones.
The Survey Science pod sits within the Consumer Insights team and partners with researchers who span a broad range of business areas including product, content and marketing. This team is primarily responsible for creating and managing our continuous quantitative research methodologies including internal panels and trackers. They also partner with researchers on ad-hoc studies to ensure world-class quality and consistency; be that imparting knowledge of how scales are interpreted regionally, coming up with clever solutions for low internet penetration markets or developing new methodologies via emerging mediums.
The ideal person for this role will be someone who is able to set the medium term vision for the team while also rolling up their sleeves and diving into the detail of the work. Comfort with managing multiple projects at different stages of development will be important too, as some projects require a complete build from scratch whereas others simply require some fine tuning. As a leader, this manager will inspire quantitative researchers across the team and their own direct reports, will evangelize emerging practices, identify opportunities for improvement/optimization and be a creative problem solver.
This newly created team marks the beginning of an exciting new direction and signals a bold vision to put Consumer Insights at the heart of Netflix’s next generation of innovation. We believe Survey Science tools will be key to driving our competitive advantage and, most importantly, delivering incredible value and enjoyment for our members around the world.
In this role you leverage your:
· Inspiring leadership: Create an environment where you attract industry leading talent, manage and grow a stunning team.
· Industry leading tools and technology: Create innovative tools and methodologies and leverage the latest academic and industry thinking.
· Quantitative survey sciences expertise: Inspire and challenge team members to conduct some of the most rewarding and growth-inducing work of their career.
· Operations expert: connect seamlessly with qualitative operations peers and researchers alike
· Innovation mindset: Facilitate the creation of a new internal panel which will make our TV shows and movies even more compelling for audiences - leapfrog established practices to develop a groundbreaking tool which will generate unparalleled consumer insights
· Global First Mentality: Take a regionally minded approach to designing best-fit tools and methodologies to deliver impactful insights (vs replicating or modifying a US-centric approach)
· 3+ years of leadership experience, managing and inspiring teams
· Bachelor's degree or relevant experience
· Experience hiring diverse teams and fostering an inclusive environment
· Strong understanding of experimentation in production and in surveys
· Familiar with the benefits and limitations of consumer panels, and ability to determine appropriate use cases
· A passion for consumer research and an ability to be hands-on if/when needed
· Experienced in managing multi-country studies