Netflix is the leading online video subscription service, reaching hundreds of millions of global households. From creating pivotal moments in story-telling history to rediscovering itself from a streaming service to the world's best studio, Netflix is at the forefront in data-driven business execution. This passion extends well into the world of support, where we offer exceptional customer service for our millions of global members. One way we do this is through high-touch, business-to-business driven support, aiming to solve challenges that our technology and our studio production businesses face.
Netflix is on the hunt for an IT support manager to lead our Remote Operations and Support (ROS) team. A Netflix ROS Specialist is not only an expert in a technical field, but is also a passionate solver of any tech problems that a colleague encounters. ROS Specialists play a critical role providing amazing technical support to thousands of internal employees around the world, with a focus on enabling productivity. This position reports to the Netflix Technology (N-Tech) Director of Remote Support and can be remote within the United States.
As a leader of this team, you are responsible for providing vision and context to a world class remote support team. The ROS team focuses on technology issues and requests that can come in via tickets, email, chat, video Meets, phone calls, and automated alerts. Your team is responsible for a multitude of operational tasks such as supporting cloud applications, remote troubleshooting, and account and system administration. You and your team are experts in all our internal and production office technologies and must ensure Netflix employees stay highly productive in the most secure environment possible with great customer satisfaction.
As the leader of this group, you’ll set and execute on a vision built on our employee technology principles of simplicity, security, scalability, and service. You will work with global cross functional support teams to align, provide context, and fulfill user requests. You will be responsible for successfully scaling the ROS team while continuing to deliver a stellar experience to all of our employees and contingent workforce.
· At least 2 years experience managing an IT support team
· Expert at balancing efficiency and quality success metrics of an IT support operation
· Experience supporting Cloud and SaaS Applications with a strong preference for Google G Suite experience
· In depth knowledge of and the ability to perform advanced troubleshooting on Mac OS, Chrome OS, Windows OS, Linux, and various applications
· You have experience with Google G Suite, JIRA, Confluence, Kibana, Tableau, Zendesk, or similar products
· Workforce management knowledge, with experience scaling 24/7 global operations
· Knowledge of best practices around data security and automation of solutions
· Familiarity with Production based operations, a plus
· Experience in acquiring and developing skill sets that are not typically found in support roles but lend well to creating an excellent technical support xperience
· Experience in analyzing and interpreting complex data to formulate actionable initiatives to improve our operations and user experience
· Living the Netflix Culture and ensuring it is represented within the ROS team
· Lead the development of the ROS team to best support the technology needs of our global employee base
· Navigate roadblocks for the team using great judgment to deliver an amazing tech support experience
· Constantly innovating to improve the employee self service experience (i.e. development of self service tools, education, automation, and knowledge sharing)
· Helping to set the strategy of the ROS team and working collaboratively with other regional matters to execute that strategy
· Analyzing a variety of data sources to develop and manage KPIs relevant to your team’s responsibilities and performance
· Driving end-to-end efficiency within our support flow while avoiding unnecessary processes
· Creating consistency in the team’s execution by setting clear direction and expectations
· Partner with cross-functional teams such as information security, workplace services, and network engineering to deliver shared initiatives
· Work with teams across the organization to understand/solve the technical challenges and needs of their respective groups
· Write articulate memos to socialize and get feedback on new ideas, proposed tests, provide insight into support issues and team performance, and to gain broader alignment on key tech support decisions
· Building an inclusive team that fosters different perspectives and unique stories to solve new problems and solutions
At Netflix, we are committed to diversity, equity, and inclusion. We want to share with you that we are mindful of limited access to resources and opportunities that come with systemic disadvantages. So if you align strongly with our values and have transferable experiences, we encourage you to apply.