Netflix’s Content Legal team - supporting the ever-growing Originals slate that features world-class anime Titles like “Ultraman” and “Rilakkuma and Kaoru” and game-changing live action shows like “The Naked Director” and “Alice in Borderland” - is seeking an experienced Legal Coordinator who will provide support to the growing Business & Legal Affairs team, based in Tokyo. The successful candidate will have some prior experience in a business affairs and/or legal setting. S/he will be highly-organized, self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and comfortable with multitasking on a quickly expanding portfolio of licensed titles and owned productions with an unwavering attention to detail. This is a demanding and fast-paced role that requires curiosity and significant initiative. S/he will report to the Director of Business & Legal Affairs, Content Legal, and be based in Tokyo, Japan.
This is an opportunity to be part of a public company with a great consumer brand and to help Netflix shape the future of entertainment.
Responsibilities include but are not limited to:
· Contract administration
· Where necessary, creating, updating and tracking spreadsheets with deal terms, options, and credits
· Managing, maintaining, and updating all forms as well as various dashboards and document management systems
· Drafting, reviewing and redlining agreements, as needed, under the supervision of counsel (e.g., NDAs and amendments/addendums)
· Occasional contract summarization
· Working cross functionally to maintain alignment and facilitate communication between departments
· Increasing the team’s operational efficiency
· Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary
· Undergraduate degree required; legal or paralegal experience a plus
· Good judgment and strong critical thinking skills
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight schedules in a very fast-paced environment
· Ability to work effectively and collaboratively cross-functionally, think practically and be solution-oriented
· Ability to respond positively to change and be respectful of new ideas
· High level of organization, detail orientation and ability to time-manage across multiple deadlines
· Proven track record of improving team organization and efficiency
· Able to learn and use a variety of productivity applications and programs (proficiency with Google Suite, Airtable a plus)
· Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise
· Ability to embrace and advocate for cultural diversity
· Fluency in English and Japanese
Netflix Japan will not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from recruitment agencies, and we will not be responsible for any related fees. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or employees.