Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 222 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. With this international expansion and a move into Korean originals, it's a great time to join Netflix.
Netflix is looking for a content production attorney responsible for a wide array of development and production matters related to Netflix’s content programming. The successful candidate will structure, negotiate and draft agreements necessary to commission, develop and produce local programming with local partners, and should be extremely comfortable counseling business partners and making decisions that have both legal and business impacts.
The position is based in Seoul, South Korea.
· Draft various agreements necessary for development and production of series (both scripted and unscripted) and films.
· Conduct legal analysis on and handle issues arising through the lifecycle of content production.
· Provide guidance to external production partners.
· Maintain alignment with internal cross-functional partners.
· Manage, maintain, and update various templates.
· Minimum of 3-5 years of experience as a practicing attorney, and membership in good standing in at least one jurisdiction. Experience in contract drafting and review required. In-house experience in a media or entertainment environment preferred.
· Strong analytical capabilities and judgment with the ability to think practically and solution-oriented
· Ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment
· Excellent interpersonal and communication skills
· Fluency in both Korean and English