Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
About the Role:
The Strategic Knowledge Management (SKM) Coordinator will be responsible for helping to coordinate knowledge and information management initiatives for Netflix’s business and legal affairs functions. The coordinator will assume a variety of responsibilities, all of which will require critical thinking, innovation, and curiosity. We are looking for someone with strong project management skills, and an overall positive attitude. In this role, you will support the Strategic Knowledge Management team, working closely with the Netflix Legal Ops & Tech team, and Content Business & Legal Affairs teams on a variety of verticals (e.g., Scripted Series, Features, Animation, Unscripted, etc.), in addition to other legal teams throughout the organization.
The successful candidate must be highly organized with an unwavering attention to detail, excellent verbal and written communication skills, be quick-thinking, adaptable to change, able to juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time and self-motivated. You must have the ability to work proactively, independently and collaboratively (as the circumstances dictate), and reliably under tight time-frames in a fast-paced, team-oriented environment. Experience with film and/or television business and legal affairs is a plus to enable effective facilitation with the Netflix Content Legal team, but please note this is not a business/legal affairs role. A significant focus of this role will be organizing and maintaining the growing template library for our content teams, supporting the progress of forms updates, and the successful candidate will also be responsible for tracking and organizing a high volume of legal documentation.
· Identifying and tracking updates to form agreements
· Managing various trackers and dashboards (cross-checking multiple resources to eliminate redundancies and suggest improvements);
· Coordinating with the legal teams on workflows, and training colleagues in the use of Knowledge Management tools;
· Administering backlog and prioritization of template updates;
· Distill complex legal concepts from meetings into concise summaries;
· Contribute to team’s regular monthly newsletter in collaboration with team members;
· Maintaining contract template versions and assist in deploying changes to templates across various enterprise platforms;
· Organize and upkeep clause and template libraries within a cloud-based document management system; and
· Collaborating with legal operations team and other cross-functional partners to maintain alignment and facilitate communication between departments, as well as implement document management and other legal operations technologies.
· Exemplify the core Netflix Values .
· At least 3+ years of business and legal affairs experience in the film or television industry;
· Paralegal certification preferred, but not required.
· Flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary or assigned;
· Self-starter with ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight timeframes in a fast-paced environment, interacting with internal and external parties across multiple territories and time zones;
· Tech-savvy individual and quick to adapt to new or changing systems;
· High level of organizational skills, extraordinary attention to detail, and ability to prioritize and time-manage across multiple deadlines;
· Fluency with the Google Suite, Microsoft Word required; Airtable preferred; iManage a plus; additional knowledge management tools a plus;
· Strong analytical capabilities and judgment;
· Creative writing skills a plus;
· Multilingual a plus, but not required;
· Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise; and
· Ability to embrace and advocate for cultural diversity.