Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 204 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without adverts or commitments.
We have a growing number of Originals launching each month that need to be protected from piracy.
The Content Protection Group is looking to expand its team with the addition of a coordinator based in London. They will be tasked with supporting (a) the Netflix Content Protection Team in its internal tactical take down efforts and (b) our broader Content Protection work as needed.
Summary of the Role
The ideal candidate will have carried out a similar role at another company and can hit the ground running. Paralegal skills are not mandatory but would be positively valued. Ideally, the candidate should have experience in anti-piracy initiatives and be well versed in managing an effective notice and take down program including experience of working with YouTube, Facebook, Instagram, Google, DailyMotion and other well known online platforms.
The role reports to the head of the Title Protection team, based in Los Angeles. The role will also work closely with and support the Global Head of Content Protection, based in London.
· Working with the rest of the anti-piracy team (based in London, LA and Singapore) to help protect regional and global original titles from piracy/copyright infringement.
· Management of the take down process through the DMCA notice sending practice and other analogous legal routes to disrupt the availability of online pirate content
· Day to day scanning of Facebook, YouTube, Dailymotion, and other online platforms and social media sites used for piracy
· Management of ContentID in YouTube and Rights Manager in Facebook and manually addressing circumvention techniques used on those platforms
· Gather data on availability of content on these platforms and produce reporting on changes to the problem
· Liaise with our vendors on takedown requests to pirate sites and gathering data on pirate streaming sites, cyberlockers, and other pirate platforms
· Working with peers at the Motion Picture Association and our content partners
· Monitoring piracy trends, including take down and demand data - but also working more broadly with our Content Protection research team specialist.
· Working with Netflix teams on the management of our internal piracy takedown and data tools
· Evaluate new technological solutions to tackle piracy online
· Managing policy trackers and databases
· Collating information and/or documentation for litigation matters
· Assisting on research work
· Supporting the Global Head of Content Protection, including in drafting presentations, briefs and memos
· Liaising between policy, business and legal teams to develop improvements in knowledge sharing
· Maintaining flexibility and openness to take on additional projects as necessary.
This is an opportunity to be part of an established and fast growing company that is changing the future of entertainment in Europe and around the world. The Public Policy team at Netflix is focused on collaborating with our business partners to innovate and find effective, efficient solutions. The ideal candidate will be intellectually curious, demonstrate great initiative, an effective cross-functional communicator, and will welcome the opportunity to be part of a fast-paced, entrepreneurial organization. They will also be excited and inspired by the Netflix Culture .