Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
We are on the hunt to expand our Audio Visual Team to support our growing studio initiatives. This is an opportunity to have a direct and long lasting impact on the Netflix Studio brand. In collaboration with our internal studio technology teams, you will help define what a modern, innovative and forward-thinking studio looks like in today’s production landscape.
Based out of our Tokyo office, the team partners closely with production teams to design, build, and support the production offices and facilities that are producing Netflix’s growing originals slate around the globe. Post production, review, exhibition, and meeting spaces are some of the areas we currently undertake. Our team works passionately to empower our content creatives to realize and accurately represent their vision. Domestic and global travel will be required.
In order to be successful in this role, we need someone who:
· Excels in a fast-paced and demanding environment, possess a high level of intellectual curiosity, and demonstrate strong judgment in the face of ambiguity
· Has the proven ability to work independently with minimal supervision; must be a self-motivated self-starter who can turn design ideation into action
· Is a confident, attentive individual who feels comfortable reaching out to partner teams to form strong relationships and establish lines of communication
· Demonstrates the ability and desire to stay informed about new technologies and how they can contribute to the workflow of our studio operations
· Thrives on technical and infrastructure challenges and takes pride in solving them
· Strategically thinks about both the technical and non-technical aspects of the business
· A team player willing to jump in when necessary, whether it’s a conference room in the office or an event that needs an extra set of hands.
Required Experience and Skills
· Extensive experience in AV project management in a production environment
· Extensive experience in the technical delivery of post production environments including (but not limited to) editorial, audio dubbing, graphics, QC and theatrical screenings.
· Familiarity with broadcast video formats and the production use-cases they best serve (IMF, DCP, MXF, HDCP, 4K, HDR, and Dolby Vision)
· Knowledge of cinematic audio processing systems including Cinema ATMOS, Consumer ATMOS, Dolby Surround, etc.
· Experience working closely with creatives in a production or post production environment.
· Experience designing and overseeing the construction of studio facilities from the ground up including conduit runs for cabling, optimal speaker and monitor placement, acoustics, lighting, and appropriate hardware.
· Experience with video conferencing systems like Google Meet and cloud services such as Zoom and BlueJeans
· Experience with AVR's like Trinnov and Yamaha. Experience with LG, Samsung screens and LED walls.
· Knowledge of Crestron and Audio DSP's
· Understanding of networking technology, video transmission over network and audio/video signal flow
· Experience working with and managing multiple vendors, suppliers and integrators.