Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
Our Netflix Technology (N-Tech) team has the mission of optimizing the productivity of Netflix employees by supporting their technology needs, whether that’s fixing a computer/network, troubleshooting a conference room’s camera or supporting a live Corporate event. As we grow, so does the number of high-profile events we host and meeting spaces we support, so we’re looking for an experienced AV Events Engineer to join our APAC team.
You’ll serve as the AV Technical lead working with our stakeholders (users) to identify and address AV technology needs for live events. This can include but is not limited to providing technical producing/coordination of live events conducted at Netflix’s APAC offices or virtual / hybrid events for N-Tech’s APAC AV Events Team. Working with both regional and global teams, you will provide hands-on AV technical expertise for events, audio and multi-camera broadcast productions.
You’ll be empowered to look for creative AV solutions on how to support the user requests all within the technical limitations of event space and technologies. This position requires flexible hours as support may take place after normal business hours.
· Partners with users to determine audio/visual needs for onsite, hybrid and virtual events
· Provide AV technical recommendations and solutions on how best to use the event spaces, technical equipment and virtual platform technologies for the desired outcome / user experience
· Serve as the overall AV technical lead on events where you will be responsible for communicating the AV technical requirements to additional support members by means of a technical show specifications document
· Responsible for user facing communication, event AV logistics, resource scheduling requests, content management, metrics compilation and cross team collaboration to successfully execute events
· Provide users / stakeholders with AV technical design specifications / recommendations and best practices for content deliverables and timelines
· Provide live event technical support acting as a member of the AV crew, operating production equipment (when needed)
· Manage the AV technical aspects of the event which can include liaising with other internal departments, live event crew resource allocation, monitoring performance & progress and provide necessary reports per event
· Strong working experience within a live corporate event environment or working hands on with onsite production environments (i.e auditorium, broadcast, or studio production)
· Ability to work as an AV event lead, taking a project or event from discovery to pre production through completion
· Able to keep cross functional and support teams updated throughout the event’s lifecycle
· Must be able to effectively manage a high volume of demanding, concurrent event projects
· Positive attitude, initiative, energy and enthusiasm
· Outstanding customer service orientation including professional presence and superior end user / partner relationship skills
· Must have and demonstrate ability to utilize extensive knowledge of cameras and production equipment operation, production techniques, engineering requirements
· Proficiency working with Mac OS, Windows, Chromebooks, and GSuite for Business
· Business level in Japanese and English
Netflix Japan will not accept unsolicited resumes or applications from recruitment agencies, and we will not be responsible for any related fees. Please do not forward resumes to our career page or employees.