Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 208 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments. Visit our culture memo and long-term view to learn more about the unique Netflix culture and the opportunity to be part of our team.
As Netflix continues to grow its footprint and role in the entertainment industries across Europe, Middle East and Africa (EMEA), new regulations - such as the EU Copyright Directive and Audiovisual Media Services Directive - will affect Netflix operations across the region. The Strategy Planning & Analysis team is looking for an Associate to provide analytical insights into the impact of this changing legal and regulatory landscape. This Associate role will be based out of our Amsterdam office and support our Business and Legal Affairs and Public Policy teams during negotiations with content rights holders and other industry stakeholders (e.g. individual producers, guilds, industry regulators).
Netflix derives a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach it takes to managing all aspects of the business, and this is equally applicable to the Business and Legal Affairs and Public Policy teams. The Strategy Planning & Analysis team supports negotiation and deal strategy, guides prioritization efforts, and communicates the financial impact of key decisions across the company. We partner closely with the senior leadership of Netflix who depend heavily on the insights we provide to inform business decisions in this critical and growing area of focus.
RESPONSIBILITIES - A sample of work could include:
· Preparing deal valuation analyses (rights valuation, model building, scenario testing etc.) in partnership with the Public Policy and Business and Legal Affairs teams
· Quantifying the financial impact of regulatory changes to our business
· Developing strategic frameworks to guide decision making and prioritization
· Regularly present analyses and reports on financial impact in an easy-to-understand format to senior business leaders
· Compiling post-mortem analyses to identify areas for optimization and improvement
· Working cross-functionally with other Strategy and Finance teams across EMEA region as well as globally
QUALIFICATIONS - A successful candidate possesses:
· Netflix is growing fast with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate will be prepared to regularly “roll up their sleeves” to perform more mundane tasks on the same day that they present to the executives of the company.
· Curiosity, motivation, discipline, and the ability to work autonomously
· An ability to remain highly organized in a loosely structured, fast-paced environment
· Interest in the entertainment industry (film, television, music)
· Superb financial modeling skills with extensive experience conducting quantitative and qualitative analysis, and an ability to sort through complex data to crystallize business implications
· Extremely high attention to detail
· Exceptional communication skills with the ability to build relationships with people across all levels and an present complex analyses to executives/senior management clearly and concisely
· A bachelor's degree in finance, economics, mathematics, statistics or another relevant field that demonstrates quantitative orientation
· Prior experience (at least 3 years) in management or economic consulting, investment banking, or an equivalent analytical role