Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Associate of Prep/Wrap Production Finance will work closely with the Manager of Prep/Wrap and will provide support to the Prep/Wrap freelance production accounting team members with systems and tools as well as prep for launch reconciliation. You should have strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail. You should also have excellent verbal and written communication skills as well as are quick-thinking, adaptable to change, able to juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time and are self-motivated. You must have the ability to work proactively, independently and reliably in a fast-paced environment. You will interact with teams like Contract Admin, Finance, Production, Post Production, Visual FX, and Tax to effectively and financially manage the Prep/Wrap process.
· Pro-actively set up various Prep/Wrap finance meetings for each Original Series (OS) teams;
· Establish efficient workflows between Prep/Wrap accounting and cross-functional teams
· Ensure best practices for onboarding and offboarding shows
· Maintain a close working relationship with other Associates within OS to be effective partners with Prep/Wrap freelance team
· Ensure the Prep/Wrap freelance production accounting teams are delivering accurate, complete work as expected and on time
· Oversee the operational needs of the Prep/Wrap office such as sourcing of external tools/software, office supplies, furniture needs, food and craft service
· Facilitate relationship between payroll companies and Prep/Wrap accounting teams;
· Willingness to tackle matters outside their area of expertise.
· Candidates must have experience in production accounting as a 1st assistant or key 2nd assistant accountant.
· Candidates must have experience working collaboratively with a team and have excellent communication skills.
· Candidates must exhibit strong organisational and time management
· It is preferable, but not necessary, that candidates have the ability to read and understand things like cost reports, legal contracts and articulate issues using creative, production or financial context.
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check on you prior to starting with us.