Netflix is the world's leading internet entertainment service with over 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Post Finance Associate will work closely with the Post Finance Manager and will help manage the post production accounting aspect of our original feature films, be a liaison between the freelance post production accounting teams and the studio and provide studio tracking and analysis. You should have strong organizational skills and a high level of attention to detail. You should also have excellent verbal and written communication skills, you are quick-thinking, adaptable to change, able to juggle multiple responsibilities at the same time and are self-motivated. You must have the ability to work proactively, independently and reliably under tight time-frames in a fast-paced environment. You will interact with teams like Business & Legal Affairs, Finance, Production, Post Production, Visual FX, Tax and Creative to effectively financially manage the post production process.
· Pro-actively set up various post finance meetings for each film;
· Onboard each new post production accountant to the in-house applications, policies and procedures;
· Maintain a close working relationship with Treasury;
· Track cash flows and update cost reports for all original features in post production;
· Manage relationship between payroll companies and production/post accounting teams;
· Coordinate with the post accounting clerk and the production accounting teams to scan all relevant documents to a cloud-based scanning solution;
· Coordinate the approval of funding requests;
· Coordinate payments for and collaborate with teams like music and VFX
· Liaise with the internal Post and Creative teams regarding the various film deliveries to ensure payments are made in a timely fashion;
· Liaise with Labor Relations, Tax and the post production accountants to facilitate the various audits during post production; and
· Willingness to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
· Candidates must have experience in production accounting as a 1st assistant or key 2nd assistant accountant.
· Candidate must have experience with managing a team and have excellent communication skills.
· It is preferable, but not necessary, that candidate have the ability to read and understand things like cost reports, legal contracts and articulate issues using creative, production or financial context.
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check on you prior to starting with us.