Netflix is now producing hundreds of Original TV shows and movies which are enjoyed by millions of our members all over the world. We are disrupting the way content is produced and delivered by bringing technology expertise to the entertainment industry. We are looking for someone to partner with our Engineering teams to solve the challenging questions such as how can we can help scale the business efficiently -- what areas should we invest resources in, what are the right financial tradeoffs for the business?
The Product SP&A team at Netflix is responsible for financial planning, forecasting, and strategic analysis. We derive a significant competitive advantage from the highly analytical approach we take to managing the company, and you will play a key role in this area. You will regularly provide your data-driven analyses to VPs and other senior executives within the company, driving thoughtful decision making around how to best allocate the over +$2B of annual spend on Product Development investments. You will do highly impactful work within a special & unique culture -- you'll be given a tremendous amount of freedom to do your job well, alongside stunning colleagues in a fast paced culture that acts like a start-up with the resources and vision of a large global company.
The position is based in our Los Gatos office and reports into the Senior Manager of Product, Strategy, Planning & Analysis team in Los Gatos, CA.
· Provide financial leadership for the Chief Technology Officer, external spend within our Corp Engineering/IT group, and long-range planning for the engineering organization.
· Understand business drivers, develop metrics, perform analysis and construct memos/presentations that summarize findings and insights, for thoughtful recommendations
· Develop analysis, frameworks, and tools to track growth & cost allocations to help the engineering organization scale efficiently, while balancing business needs and strategic priorities.
· Improve workflows with stakeholders, create dashboards, and enhance financial planning systems to increase forecast accuracy and to enhance data insights.
· Lead projects with cross-functional teams, including but not limited to accounting, talent, data science engineering, and other SP&A teams.
· 2-5 years of experience in a financial or highly analytical role ideally within a high growth technology company, strategy and operations, or consulting firm.
· A successful candidate will have a strong track record of identifying key questions, defining analysis needs, performing and coordinating analysis, and communicating findings in a clear and concise way with data visualization.
· Demonstrated ability of collaborating with a diverse set of partners and experience working in cross-functional teams.
· Comfortable with ambiguity and working independently to find and to resolve issues with minimal guidance.
· Highly proficient in financial modelling with Excel and Business Insight tools such as Tableau or willingness to learn
· Bachelor's degree