Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with 204 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
As Netflix continues to grow globally, we are looking for the best and brightest to drive analytics that underpin our content strategy and key business decisions.
Netflix’s Content Strategy & Analysis team is looking for an Associate to join its team in its Hollywood office. The Content Strategy & Analysis team develops strategic insights to further the company's global content efforts and is primarily responsible for deal valuation, programming strategy, performance/audience insight, and competitive analysis. Executives and senior management depend heavily on the Content Strategy & Analysis team to accurately forecast the business and lead the strategic analysis that is used to inform important business decisions.
· Preparing valuation analyses (model building, scenario testing) to support content deal decisions and negotiations
· Developing programming or production analysis and strategy
· Conducting content performance and audience analysis
· Conducting market research and competitive trends analysis
· Researching and analyzing new business opportunities for Netflix
· Creating presentations that present findings and key recommendations to Netflix executives
Netflix is fast-growing with a flat organizational structure, which means that employees are often asked to perform tasks with a range of difficulties. The ideal candidate would be prepared to regularly "roll up their sleeves" to perform more routine tasks the same day that they are asked to prepare a presentation to the executives of the company.
· 2 years of work experience at a minimum
· Media / Entertainment experience preferred but not required; candidate has shown an demonstrated passion for content and entertainment
· Extensive experience conducting quantitative analysis (including modeling) and qualitative analysis and can drive to insight and results using data
· Excellent communication/presentation skills with a track record of presenting complex analysis to executives/senior management clearly and concisely
· A successful candidate demonstrates strong initiative and ability to work independently, thrives in a fast-paced, always changing environment
· A successful candidate is highly intellectually curious and has the courage to challenge the status quo and exhibits the highest personal and professional standards of integrity and ethics.
· Excellent proficiency with MS Excel / PowerPoint
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us. We are also supportive of individuals who choose to move on to business or graduate school after 2-3 years.