Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
The Assistant Production Accountant position for Feature Film and Series Animation will be based in our Hollywood Office and be a key strategic partner with the Production Accountant in the execution of the production plans and show budgets that represent the creative vision of the film makers. They will be instrumental in maintaining accurate accounting records and adhering to accepted procedures for all production payments.
- Responsible for onboarding all cast and crew
- Process cast and crew payroll, accounts payable and all payments related to the production
- Communicate between production, vendors, employees, corporate accounting and unions
- Support Production Accountant as needed to maintain the accuracy of the production’s general ledger
- Investigate and resolve open issues with payables, payroll, etc.
- Aid in Production Audits throughout the life of the production
- Production accounting experience required
- Knowledge of standard Accounting and Financial practices
- Knowledge of CG and 2D Animation filmmaking processes
- Knowledge of accounting, production finance and spreadsheet applications required
- Experience with IATSE and SAG rulesStrong communication and leadership skills
Due to the nature and scope of this role, we will need to run a background check prior to starting with us.