Netflix is the world's leading streaming entertainment service with over 200 million paid memberships in over 190 countries enjoying TV series, documentaries and feature films across a wide variety of genres and languages. Members can watch as much as they want, anytime, anywhere, on any internet-connected screen. Members can play, pause and resume watching, all without commercials or commitments.
About the Role:
Netflix is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to provide support to multiple executives within the Marketing Music team. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a growing, global team.
The Marketing Music team is a cross-functional, global team of music executives that sits within the broader music group. The team acts as music advisors and supervisors for the global marketing team and their work consists of highly collaborative, cross-functional work in the world of music creative, production, clearance, and licensing.
We need an expert eye for detail and exceptional organizational talents to help manage schedules, build presentation decks, create information flows, and dive into the details of our work in music. There is a lot going on in a company of constant change. You are excited about the challenge of learning new things, and have a strong appetite for innovation. You are business-oriented, think outside the box, and you confidently communicate to executives at all levels. The successful candidate will seek to work in an environment where freedom and responsibility are equally valued, and where passion and curiosity are mandates. The role reports to the Director, Marketing Music and is based in Los Angeles though will be asked to help support team members all over the world.
· Support executives who work on a variety of music projects.
· Maintain complex calendars, including scheduling of meetings, internally and externally, with multiple parties across multiple time zones.
· Coordinate travel arrangements (domestic and international).
· Process travel and expense reports.
· Assist with event planning and onboarding of new hires.
· Help manage administrative work pertaining to music like cue sheets, licenses, and invoices.
· Support various music aspects of the team’s day to day.
· Identify and help uncover ways to streamline information flow and workflow.
· Develop and execute special projects as needed (e.g., create filing systems music licenses, organize incoming pitches from record labels, etc).
· 3+ years as an administrative assistant (experience with music is a plus but not required).
· Get to know the team so well, you can do their thinking for them in an administrative capacity.
· Team player who operates in a fast paced setting. Ability to work in tandem with existing Administrative Assistants.
· Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly.
· Have clear, concise communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, creative thinking, and the ability to multitask.
· Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information.
· Excellent in Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Calendar), familiarity with AirTable a plus. Technical aptitude highly preferred.
The Successful Candidate Will Also:
· Be able to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment with a positive and energetic attitude.
· Have a bias toward collaboration and responsiveness to change, feedback and new ideas.
· Have experience working across a diversity of cultures, time zones, and languages.
· Have unparalleled organizational skills and unwavering attention to detail.
· Be curious and eager to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
· Tech-savviness, including proficiency with cloud-based document and database systems.
· Speak multiple languages (not required).
· Have a great sense of humor!