At Netflix, we are shaping the future of entertainment because we believe there is a better way to watch. Our international efforts have brought Netflix’s service and award-winning content to viewers in over 190 countries. Netflix is seeking an experienced Administrative Assistant to provide support to multiple executives within the Intellectual Property legal team. This is a unique opportunity to be part of a rapidly growing, global team.
The Intellectual Property Legal Team is a cross-functional, global team of legal professionals that sits within Content Legal. We manage a wide range of risks associated with our content--some of those are more traditional IP risks around copyright and trademark infringement. But we also advise as to defamation, life/personality rights, and legal issues relating to sensitive content.
As a member of the Intellectual Property Team, you are self-motivated, quick-thinking, flexible, and able to juggle multiple and diverse responsibilities with an unwavering attention to detail at all times. Your expert eye for detail and exceptional organizational talents mean that you’re not fazed by a high volume of matters in an environment of constant change. You are excited about the challenge of learning new things, and have a strong appetite for innovation. You are business-oriented, think outside the box, and you confidently communicate to executives at all levels. The successful candidate will seek to work in an environment where freedom and responsibility are equally valued, and where passion and curiosity are mandates. The role reports to the Director, Trademarks & Brand Protection and is based in Los Angeles.
· Support executives and their respective teams based in Los Angeles who work on a variety of Intellectual Property matters.
· Maintain complex calendars, including scheduling of meetings, internally and externally, with multiple parties across multiple time zones.
· Coordinate travel arrangements (domestic and international).
· Process travel and expense reports.
· Assist with event planning and onboarding of new hires.
· Manage a heavy volume of communication and administrative paperwork internally and externally, including coordinating signatures, notaries and shipping labels.
· Support various legal aspects of the Trademark practice (e.g., preparing, updating and maintaining training materials; running trademark reports from our internal trademark database; and downloading and filing original Certificates of Registration).
· Review and manage team billing and invoices.
· Identify and help develop data-driven strategies to streamline workflows.
· Develop and execute special projects as needed (e.g., create filing systems for trademark documents).
· 3+ years as an administrative assistant (experience with Legal, IP, Trademarks and/or a media/entertainment company is a plus but not required).
· Team player who operates in a fast paced setting (no drama). Ability to work in tandem with existing Administrative Assistants.
· Understanding of how to prioritize and respond accordingly.
· Have clear, concise communication skills, excellent interpersonal skills, creative thinking, and the ability to multitask.
· Ability to be discrete and maintain confidential information.
· Proficiency in Google Suite (Gmail, Docs, Sheets, Calendar).
The Successful Candidate Will Also:
· Be able to work proactively, independently and reliably on multiple projects under tight time frames in a fast-paced environment with a positive and energetic attitude.
· Have a bias toward collaboration and responsiveness to change, feedback and new ideas.
· Have experience working across a diversity of cultures, time zones, and languages.
· Have unparalleled organizational skills and unwavering attention to detail.
· Be curious and eager to tackle matters outside area of expertise.
· Tech-savviness, including proficiency with cloud-based document and database systems.
· Be a Notary Public in California, or be willing to become one.
· Speak multiple languages (not required but would be a big plus - extra points if those languages are Spanish, French, German or Portuguese).
· Have a great sense of humor!