Nestlé UK & Ireland
Assistant Category Manager
Salary up to £38,000 depending on experience + Potential Bonus + Excellent Benefits
Here at Nestlé Professional (NP) we are currently recruiting for a talented individual to join us, as an Assistant Category Manager , reporting into the Savoury Food Category Lead. This is an important role within our Nestlé Professional business and really is a great opportunity for somebody looking to continue to develop their capabilities in the out of home category space whilst working with a wide range of stakeholders, both internally and externally.
A little bit about us
NP is our Business-to-Business (B2B) foodservice arm, which specialises in the Out of Home solutions market. NP operates successfully in an enormous marketplace, and is an ambitious growth driver for Nestlé. The team's aim is to inspire growth in their partners (restaurants, pubs, bars, convenience stores, hotels, etc), by providing branded, creative solutions that help customers develop their own business, driving footfall and increasing their profit.
What can you expect?
Ultimately, you will work pro-actively to develop growth across our Nestlé Professional savoury food business by building and supporting the category plan whilst successfully executing the marketing and lead generation plan in the best way possible. The two iconic brands you will do this for within our savoury food category are CHEF and MAGGI, both have a distinct identity and target customer base.
Key responsibilities of the role include:
· Develop and execute the CHEF and MAGGI marketing plans, translating the category objectives into tangible marketing activities.
· Pro-actively collaborate with business to business, e-commerce and channels teams in order to build and execute brand plans and activities.
· Deliver timely a marketing activities that are pre- agreed and within the allocated budget.
· Conduct post evaluation for all important marketing campaigns in order to analyse outcomes and processes to amend future activities from the learnings taken.
· Carefully manage marketing budget spend (PFME) during the course of the year.
· Ensure brand content on Nestlé Professional's website and other websites is correct and regularly updated whilst creating new website content to showcase new product development and events.
Who are we looking for?
As the successful candidate, you will ideally be qualified to degree level (or equivalent) and have some great experience in category management already, if this is within out of home great but it's not essential. You will be a passionate foodie that's curious about new restaurant concepts and food ingredients. You will thrive when working with stakeholders across all levels coupled with your ability to truly understand our business from a commercial standpoint. You will have fantastic communication skills and understand how your decisions support the wider business. You will love working in an environment that is not always black and white, being able to navigate both yourself and stakeholders to a positive solution whilst challenging how we do things to accelerate change. You will know the importance of being able to work successfully in situations that can often be pressured.
What you need to know
We will be reviewing applications as they apply, so please don't delay in submitting your application. We're looking forward to hearing from you.
Nestlé UK&I is committed to equal opportunity for all. We may collect relevant data for monitoring as part of our candidate registration process.