NBC Sports Regional Networks internship opportunities give students real world experience and exposure to one of the world's leading media and entertainment companies in the development, production, and marketing of entertainment. Internships are the perfect way to gain experience while learning what a career at NBC Universal might hold in store for you. We are an Equal Opportunity Employer.
PLEASE READ INTERNSHIP APPLICATION INSTRUCTIONS CAREFULLY
· This posting is for the Summer 2018 internship program, the program generally runs from June through August
· The internship is in person at our office in Bethesda, MD
· Cover Letters are required and should be addressed to the NBC Sports Internship Program
· Internships at NBCUniversal are paid and do not require course credit
· Application deadline is March 23, 2018, interested candidates should apply by this date
· You must meet the basic qualifications to be considered for the internship *Please review the basic qualifications carefully
· Recent graduates will NOT be eligible for this program
· Please note: NBCUniversal prohibits interns from participating in any other internship programs while employed by NBCUniversal without written permission from the Vice President, Human Resources NBC Sports Regional Networks, or a successor/designee.
Summer 2018 Internships are available with the below departments:
· News Production
· Digital Media
· NOT offered for Summer 2018: Sales or Finance internships
Corporate Human Resources
At NBCUniversal, we believe in the talent of our people. It's our passion and commitment to excellence that drives NBCU's vast portfolio of brands to succeed. From broadcast and cable networks, news and sports platforms, to film, world-renowned theme parks and a diverse suite of digital properties, we take pride in all that we do and all that we represent. It's what makes us uniquely NBCU. Here you can create the extraordinary. Join us.
NBC Sports Regional Networks, part of the NBC Sports Group, consist of 9 regional networks that deliver more than 2,400 live sporting events annually, along with award-winning breaking news, comprehensive analysis, digital content and original programming to more than 43 million homes. The NBC Sports Regional Networks are: NBC Sports Bay Area, NBC Sports California, NBC Sports Chicago, NBC Sports Washington, NBC Sports Boston, NBC Sports Northwest, NBC Sports Philadelphia, NBC Sports Philadelphia+ and SportsNet New York.
· In pursuit of an Associate, Bachelor or Graduate degree at an Accredited Institution and be able to provide documentation to confirm your degree progress.
· Current class standing of sophomore or above (30 credits)
· Cumulative GPA of 3.0 or above
· Must be 18 years of age or older
· Must be able to work on-site in Bethesda, MD
· Must have unrestricted authorization to work in the U.S. without a visa or sponsorship
· Previous internship and/or work experience in an office environment
· Proactive, independent worker with the demonstrated capacity to lead, work well with others
· Professional demeanor, positive attitude and eager to learn
· Strong interest in understanding the Sports Media landscape
· Proven ability to multitask and manage multiple projects at a time
NBCUniversal's policy is to provide equal employment opportunities to all applicants and employees without regard to race, color, religion, creed, gender, gender identity or expression, age, national origin or ancestry, citizenship, disability, sexual orientation, marital status, pregnancy, veteran status, membership in the uniformed services, genetic information, or any other basis protected by applicable law. NBCUniversal will consider for employment qualified applicants with criminal histories in a manner consistent with relevant legal requirements, including the City of Los Angeles Fair Chance Initiative For Hiring Ordinance, where applicable.