We are currently recruiting for Technical Operators to work within our Manufacturing department at our Manchester site. We are seeking candidates who have technical manufacturing experience, no previous knowledge/experience of Blow Moulding required as full training will be given.
The role will involve operating and maintaining production equipment effectively and efficiently working to our required standards of performance and ensuring that Company standards are met. The successful candidate will have great attention to detail, be self-motivated, flexible, good communicator, team player, organised and reliable.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
• Operation of equipment including - Blow Moulders, Extruder and Processing controls, Trimmer, Leak Detector, Bagger/De-Bagger, Stacker, Conveying Systems, Material Handling Room with associated equipment, Granulator and Blender.
• Following all machine Operating Procedures.
• Follow emergency stop procedures.
• Fault finding using I/O listings on screens.
• Follow correct adjustment procedures.
• General equipment repair.
• Complete all manufacturing quality checks as per Quality Control Plan and record and escalate quality incidents to the Shift Manager.
• Complete all relevant manufacturing documentation and Log Books to ensure full compliance to Site Accreditation Standards.
• Perform all set-ups to required standard for optimum performance.
• Carry out pre and post maintenance operational checks.
• Follow all start-up and shut down procedures.
• Monitor and record machine conditions.
• Support Engineering team with machine maintenance or breakdowns.
• Meet all output requirements as determined by Shift Manager.
• Adapt to changing priorities as determined by customer requirements.
• Assist colleagues with bottlenecks/problem solving.
• Support supply performance.
• Full adherence to all Health and Safety Policies and Procedures including Safe Systems of work.
• Carry out all machine safety checks.
• Record and report all Health and Safety, or Quality Incidents/Accidents.
• Maintain and drive hygiene and housekeeping standards.
Key skills & experience:
• 2 years' experience in a busy manufacturing environment.
• No previous blow moulding experience is required as full training will be given.
• Relevant Engineering Manufacturing qualifications desirable.
• Problem solving skills to support fault finding.
• Intermediate I.T. skills.
• Flexible to support shift working including days and nights.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk
Manufacturing, Operations & Production
16 November 2018