Muller offers you a long term career with a genuine market leader; Muller is an entrepreneurial company where people love to work and make a difference. Our competitive advantage comes through driving value through innovation and brands, scale, operational excellence and building a high performing international organisation. By 2020, we aim to have significantly increased our turnover; in order to achieve this, we need leaders and technical experts to grow our business and market share.
We are currently recruiting for a Systems Analyst; we are looking for an experienced individual to work in partnership with the business providing logistics system support, innovation, leadership and expertise on day-to-day business activities and project initiatives in order to support the business and achieve our aim to become the biggest and best chilled dairy & Ingredients Company in the UK.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
• To proactively identify business process improvement opportunities and assist business process change.
• To understand client requirements; propose and deliver fit-for-purpose technical solutions.
• To identify and utilise industry best practice. Align to proposals, considering practicality, alternative solutions and business readiness.
• To review proposed benefits and highlight any risks/issues in new/redesigned processes/solutions, confirm the acceptance & success criteria and document in a business justification.
• To apply the use of standards, methods and tools for requirements capture, process modelling, fit-gap analysis, risk/impact evaluation, etc.
• To ensure solutions implemented across organisation are aligned to UTM standards and Audit requirements.
• To adhere to standard system configuration templates and recommend & participate in developing enhancements to these.
• To assist in project implementations delivered using recognised standard methods & tools.
• To assist in the collaboration across Project Teams, UTM and Business.
• Assist in the creation of Functional and/or Technical specifications and the in the review of overall Project/CI deployments against success criteria.
• To gain awareness of business needs, manage customer expectations, build and maintain relationships.
• To advise where IT can add value to existing systems/processes; innovate and assist in the change.
• To assist in the overall direction, guidance and definition of the logistics functionality.
• To communicate current status of project or continuous improvement commitments.
• To work in partnership with UTM IT framework.
• To assist in the preparation and delivery of all prerequisite technical documentation and post-deployment support/training documentation.
• To undertake hands-on system and master data configuration, specification, modification and testing of new developments/fixes.
• To execute system configuration, development, prototyping and testing in prescribed pre-production environments. Documented evidence signed off as fit for deployment.
• To manage the development of test plans/scripts, performing tests, documenting results and defect management.
• Regression testing: execute IT tests and coordinate user testing activities.
• Evaluate requirements and provide best practice solutions compliant with UTM Global Templates and leveraging standard product offerings.
• Evaluate deployment of technical solutions against success criteria.
• To maintain technical and non-technical skills in line with your current Job role, Application support requirements and industry best practice
• To provide hands-on support for integrated logistics systems within specific area of expertise.
• To provide management of subject area workload - task allocation & prioritisation, progress-tracking, task delivery and issue resolution.
• To be responsible for accuracy of process documentation and system landscape documentation in your area of expertise.
Key skills & experience
• IT Qualifications: BSc or equivalent business experience.
• Certified to ITIL (v3) and/or experience working in a formal change-controlled environment.
• Over 3 year's system analysis experience in an IT environment. Relevant experience in a manufacturing / logistics company would be expected
• Good understanding of logistics execution applications.
• Experience with telematics software.
• Proficient in both software & hardware mobile solutions and in Software Development Lifecycle methodologies and in Software Testing and Quality Assurance methodologies.
• Familiar with at least one help desk and customer support tool.
• Proficient in ITIL processes and practices.
• Proficient in Business Process Analysis (as-is and to-be).
• A clear focus on business satisfaction, with strong interpersonal skills and responsiveness to the demands of the business.
• The ability to assist in the guidance of the business functions in developing a strategic approach to the software development program that fully aligns with the companies OGSM
• Ability to drive process improvement to continually improve service and reduce costs.
• A focus on continuous improvement across the team activities with a desire to meet and exceed the expectations of the management team.
• The ability to produce clear and concise written technical and end user documentation
• Takes responsibility for individual assignments and drives these to completion without support from the manager
• Strong problem-solving and analytical skills
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk
31 October 2018