We are currently recruiting for a Scheduler based at our Manchester site who is responsible for producing accurate and timely daily production schedules for our dairies. The post holder will also facilitate efficient production running to deliver to agreed customer service levels whilst engaging positively with key stakeholders to improve processes.
We are looking for proactive, assertive, and highly organised individuals who take a collaborative and principled approach. The successful candidate will be able to communicate effectively in a fast paced, time bound environment and will be looking to develop their career within Supply Chain a leading FMCG organisation. While supply chain experience within a short shelf life production environment would be preferred, we are open to graduate applicants with Engineering/Technical/ Supply chain focused degrees or experienced schedulers from alternative sectors.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
• Manage production schedules with site to manage and minimise variations and ensuring an appropriate level of customer service.
• Facilitate production moves between sites when required.
• Deliver customer service and waste minimisation improvements.
• Monitor and manage variation to cream potting plans at times of high demand.
• Feedback to demand planning on products consistently under or over forecast.
• Monitor planned raw milk stock levels in collaboration with Group Milk Supply.
• Work with Group Milk Supply to estimate cream and reclaim generation by site.
• Set up new products on planning systems and amend products where required.
• Work with commercial supply chain on any failed EDI orders.
• Liaise with Purchasing to ensure packaging stocks are in the right place.
• Implement improvements to planning and scheduling processes.
Key skills & experience:
• High level of industry knowledge including AS400 and DPS.
• Experience of MRP and ERP systems is desirable.
• Previous Supply Chain Planning and scheduling experience is essential.
• Strong numeric and verbal reasoning is essential.
• Previous experience of solving complex problems and think of new ideas.
• Demonstrable ability to engage and influence a broad spectrum of stakeholders is essential.
• Excellent MS Office skills including Word, Excel and PowerPoint.
• Able to build positive working relationships within a team environment.
• Excellent organisation and communication skills with the ability to influence.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk
Manufacturing, Operations & Production
30 September 2018