We are currently recruiting for a Process Project Manager within our Manufacturing function. This role will include travel across the UK. The role will require the candidate to deliver the best in class process solutions to a portfolio of capital projects and NPD opportunities, within timescales and within budgets to ensure business needs are met.
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
• Identification of improvement projects throughout the business to drive efficiency, reduce resources and deliver product development.
• Undertake design works in conjunction with R&D for new plants/processes.
• Undertake reviews of project proposals ensuring process technology is appropriate.
• Preparation of project justifications to highlight technical feasibility and business benefits from a risk, quality, product safety, environmental and ROI perspective.
• Development of equipment specifications and standards.
• Management and reporting of project milestones, budgets and risks.
• Management of project completion and handover to include development of performance criteria for process equipment.
• Generate capital projects to improve business performance.
• Utilise Clarity for project approval and project documentation.
• Support the development of Project Engineers on process related aspects.
• Ensure Project budgets are closely controlled ensuring forecast spend is apparent at all times from concept to completion.
• Work with stakeholder(s) and procurement to prepare purchasing contracts that protect the interests of MMI.
• Ensure Project programmes are realistic, tracked and reported to ensure clarity of Go live dates within the business.
• Review Business Unit projects to generate and deliver 3 year budget plans.
• Ensure compliance with current Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality standards and regulations.
• Ensure project implementation Risk Assessments are completed, ensuring the Health and Safety, Environmental and Quality impact risks are minimised.
• Review contractors to ensure compliance with all relevant policies.
• Keep up to date with new statutory regulations affecting projects.
• Ensure CDM regulations are embedded in all relevant projects.
• Review, evaluate and make recommendations to the business.
• Networking with technical experts within (i.e. GPE) and outside the business.
• Update Clarity information monthly to ensure all project information is up to date.
• Report on the progression of each project, ensuring cost, production, environmental and Health and Safety aspects are all highlighted/relayed where necessary.
• Carry out close out meetings to ensure performance is reviewed.
• Liaise with MMI stakeholders regarding ongoing work and requirements.
• Co-ordinate support and lead process improvement projects using company recognised CI tools.
• Identify improvement opportunities to support reductions in product waste, water use, chemical consumption, effluent etc.
• Review, optimise and standardise performance of existing process equipment and procedures.
• Work closely with site teams to identify equipment deficiencies and generate CI projects.
• Technically support and advise sites when required.
• Develop a process excellence model that supports the role out of best practice across the Group.
Key skills & experience:
• Engineering degree or HNC/HND is essential.
• 3 – 5 years Project Management experience.
• Project Management qualification desirable.
• Previous experience in leadership and management desirable.
• Good Microsoft Office skills using Excel, PowerPoint, Word
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk
24 August 2018