This is an opportunity for a recent graduate or a student looking for a work placement (12 months) with possiblitiy to do a graduate/master thesis. You will be be a part of the packaging development team to gain relevant work experience within a fast paced packaging environment.
The role will be based at Market Drayton or Telford,you will support the packaging technologists within the team and different department/businesses on our different sites. You will provide packaging technical support for branded and own label products, across multiple sites. Supporting product range development, as well as range extensions. Supporting the development of packaging to have a competitive edge and enhanced supply chain performance, through continuous improvement programs.
In this role you will be given a dedicated project to support the Muller packaging strategy as well as supporting the teams in day to day operational activities. The role will encompass on the job training and work experience delivering the following:
• Undertake day to day activities such as supporting line trials, conducting laboratory testing. etc.
• Be open minded, help us to find the different possibility of optimisation, quality improvement and cost saving opportunity.Support and be trained in packaging project management as new product development continuous improvement and other projects
• Trained in knowledge of site production and technology processes, then expect to work in autonomy on site
• Training in and gaining knowledge in relation to packaging materials, technical specifications and systems.
• Keep clear lines of communication open between the sites, other departments, suppliers and other business activities (logistics, blow moulding…)
• Manage the smooth handover of projects from one area to another.
Key skills & experience
• You will need to have the ability to anticipate problems and suggest solutions, as well as understanding the consequences of any change they may implement on all aspects of the business.
• You will be frequently in contact with suppliers, different departments and production. You must have excellent communication skills.
• Ideally you have some knowledge in statistical analysis and problem solving and demonstrate a clear analytical method or are willing to.
• You will have the ability to work on your own initiative as well as part of a team
• Ideally you have already some knowledge in Packaging development
• You will need a Driving license
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk and quote reference 510151.
Packaging and R&D
31 August 2018