Description de l'offre
Muller offers you a long term career with a genuine market leader; Muller is an entrepreneurial company where people love to work and make a difference. Our competitive advantage comes through driving value through innovation and brands, scale, operational excellence and building a high performing international organisation. By 2020, we aim to have significantly increased our turnover; in order to achieve this, we need leaders and technical experts to grow our business and market share.
We are currently recruiting in our Milk & Ingredients Finance Department for a Commercial Finance Business Partner. You will business partner the Retail Commercial business Unit Head, providing financial analysis and guidance on new and existing business metrics. You will help the business understand financial performance and challenging current and future performance including volumes and selling prices
In this role the key responsibilities will include:
• Have a detailed understanding of the underlying monthly performance of the customers in the relevant part of the retail sector.
• To investigate variances in customer volumes and profitability on a regular basis.
• To provide input into detailed budget and forecasting process with the Commercial teams in the retail sector, collaborating with the Management Account teams.
• To co-ordinate the monthly reporting and forecasting cycle.
• To be responsible for the consolidation of retail financial data from all systems into accurate and relevant information, necessary for the business to make commercial decisions.
• To challenge and influence the commercial team on customer volume and DB1 assumptions.
• To own the delivery of the account profitability in partnership with the business unit head. To work with the business partner to drive increased value into the customer account.
• To provide evaluation and continuous review of customer profitability by product and location.
• To take ownership of the process for retail tenders, ensuring accurate inputs and supporting the commercial head through the process.
• To be the number 1 contact for the retail commercial team.
• To seek to identify improvements in the Forecasting process working with the financial accounting function.
• To seek to identify and implement improvements in the commercial review process, including the monthly demand review, weekly volume analysis.
• To have key input into the monthly account surgeries providing insight into customer performance and challenging the commercial team as to how to improve results.
• To work with the commercial team to identify all commercial opportunities and areas for improvement.
• To support the retail finance controller in order to achieve their targets and improve profitability.
• To run the monthly management accounts process for commercial finance for relevant retail customers.
• To work with Financial Accounting team and Business partner to review, assess and where appropriate sign off the month end accruals position for each customer every month. Ensure all accruals are fully supported by authorised GO documentation.
• To maintain retail customer contracts ensuring all contractual adjustments are made in a timely manner and that all necessary provisions are made to ensure consistent profitability.
• To provide support to the commercial team providing analysis and insight as a result of customer requests.
• To ensure that members of the Commercial team comply with the GO documentation in terms of rules and principles.
• To ensure that all documentation is appropriately filed and controlled so that access is given only to those that need it however it is readily accessible should we be challenged to provide evidence of authorisation.
Key skills & experience
• Recognised Accountancy qualification or qualified by experience is essential.
• Proven experience in an FMCG environment is essential.
• Experience in the dairy industry is desirable.
• Excellent relationship building and communication skills; able to tailor communications to the audience involved.
• Knowledge of the different dairy products: how they relate to each other, quality requirements, pricing structures.
• Recognised Accountancy qualification or qualified by experience.
• Strong Excel and analytical skills.
• Systems knowledge (Movex/AS400, Access, Cognos, SAP)
• Personable team worker.
• Analytical problem solver with attention to detail.
• Methodical but adaptable to business needs.
• Capable of demonstrating the company values consistently in their role.
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk
13 August 2018