We're recruiting…Automation Support Engineer
Enabling value creation through effective automation
We are currently looking to recruit an Automation Support Engineer to join our Bellshill Dairy within our Muller Milk & Ingredients business. This person will develop systems and people to improve site automation performance.
• Reactive support for site automation issues within a clear escalation
• Demonstrate a structured problem solving approach
• Ownership of minor (site managed) automation Capex projects through the full project lifecycle.
• Support project delivery of other site projects with automation elements
• Facilitating site activities to centrally delivered Capex projects.
• Maintain and monitor use of automation and electrical system software and documentation version control systems.
• Liaise with the Automation Development team providing a site perspective to the ongoing development of the group automation and electrical standards.
• Ensure compliance with group electrical and automation standards of site delivered projects and general improvement works.
• Responsible for obsolescence management within the roadmap. Liaison with the Automation Development team to ensure site criticality is a key element of the group level Obsolescence and Improvements Plan.
• Ownership of the site level Obsolescence and Improvements plan focusing on the next level of controls (VSDs, servo drives, instrumentation etc..).
• Evaluate performance data to feed into automation OE activity to deliver improvements in efficiency and operability within production.
• Ownership of site panel risk assessment register, periodic health checks and remedial/improvement actions.
• Specialist automation support to site improvement initiatives.
• Utilise specialist skills and systems access to validate and analyse site data, for example to support quality improvement activities.
• Active role to play in continuously improving our business
• Encourage engineering based OE projects
• Support the Site roadmaps for Quality / H S / EMS / Engineering / Autonomous maintenance.
• To have opportunities to deliver own ideas to improve our business
• Support improvement activities / events within facilities and engineering owned areas
• Understands the impact of own actions and others on achieving site/business OGSM
• Aware of how current performance impacts the bottom line
• Ability to deliver on the job training (show and tell) to new colleagues
• Health and safety of self and others
If you have the skills and experience in the above areas and would like to be considered for this role please apply at www.mullercareers.co.uk
12 November 2018